Can I modify this mac and cheese recipe for my crockpot?

taeja71

<font color=deeppink>I'll type real slow...<br><fo
O.k., I've seen this made on t.v. and it looks delicious. However, I wonder if I can make it in my crockpot. Do you think this recipe is modifyable? Take a look below and let me know. OR if you have any suggestions for making cheesey mac and cheese in a crockpot, please share. I need to gather my ingredients for a pitch in this Sunday. Thanks all((Please be kind, as this is my first visit to this forum)). I know, I can do a searh, but i really don't have time right now, as I'm supposed to be getting our dinner ready. Thanks all!

The Lady's Cheesy Mac Recipe courtesy Paula Deen Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Fire House Pot Luck Dinner

Great dinner ideas:

Chicken
Beef

Shrimp
Pasta

Pork

Click photo to enlarge

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings

4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture. Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese if desired.

I was going to say yes, until I saw the eggs. I've never made anything with eggs in my crock pot.

Would you have time to make it in the oven, then keep it warm in the crockpot?

I have no idea how, I have made a lot of stuff in my crock pot, but Mac and Cheese is stovetop and oven for me...

malibuconlee said:
I was going to say yes, until I saw the eggs. I've never made anything with eggs in my crock pot.

Would you have time to make it in the oven, then keep it warm in the crockpot?

I'm not sure how things would hold up. This is for a church pot luck after our main worship service. So, I'd have to bake it early in the am. and then have it sit for at least a couple hours before the dish is consumed. :(

:surfweb: O.k., I think its time to check out this great forum and search for other crock pot recipes. Thanks, I look forward to running into your other posts on this forum.

Found it right here on this great forum!Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese

8oz macaroni, cooked & drained
3 c shredded Mild cheddar cheese
1 c shredded Mozzerella cheese
2 eggs
1½ c milk
¾ stick margarine
1 large can evaporated milk
Salt and Pepper

Melt margarine in crock pot.
Layer macaroni and cheese.
Beat eggs and add both milks.
Pour into crockpot over macaroni and cheese.
Top with remaining cheese.
Turn crockpot on low and cook 3 hours. (If cooked longer it may burn on the bottom.)

Here's the thread w/ glowing comments.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=819628

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter