Can I line up with my kids but then not ride the ride?

snowangel72

Mouseketeer
For example I don't want to ride Space Mountain but I would like to stand in line with them as it might be well over an hour. Is is possible to line up with them and then exit at the boarding area?

Thanks in advance for your help.

If they are the age in your signature, no problem. Just ask CM at second touch point which way to exit.

For example I don't want to ride Space Mountain but I would like to stand in line with them as it might be well over an hour. Is is possible to line up with them and then exit at the boarding area?

Yes. It’s possible on every ride. We like to keep our family of four together, but my husband doesn’t like many rides. We all walk on together, then as we’re about to board the ride vehicle, ask where those who are not riding can wait. For example, Star Tours has benches located directly outside the ride exit door in the hallway before you enter the gift shop. Every ride has a waiting location.

We used to meet outside at the exit of the ride but this is so much better. At least we all stay together and know when the family is riding. It’s peace of mind.

Yes I have done that on Space Mtn. They had a “space lounge” or something like that name where you waited for the riders. I don’t know if they still have that. I found out if I let my body completely relax to almost rag doll state I can ride without pain lol.

You can also walk the line with them if they have a fast pass even if you don't. You exit or watch them on to the ride from the 2nd fast pass touch point.

Agree with above poster- no need to wait more than 15 minutes for anything, let alone an hour. If the lines that long, keep refreshing til you get fastpasses.

Unless you have a fast pass, you will not be let in the fast pass line at all.

Wrong. I have an 11 year old daughter that is the only one in the family that likes the bigger roller coasters. They let me go to the second touch point with her at every roller coaster on property this week.

Wrong. I have an 11 year old daughter that is the only one in the family that likes the bigger roller coasters. They let me go to the second touch point with her at every roller coaster on property this week.

That may or may not be allowed though as the 2nd touch point isn’t always in use. I wouldn’t recommend it as a strategy, just in case.

Which roller coasters had the second touchpoint active? We were there last summer, and none of them had the second touchpoint, and it was early August.

CMs have been making an exception for you for whatever reason. As a general rule, only those with FP will be let into the FP queue at all.

Which roller coasters had the second touchpoint active? We were there last summer, and none of them had the second touchpoint, and it was early August.
Mine train, Everest, and space mountain, I think and the others they let me go to the point where the CM mixes the Stand By and Fast pass. We didn't originally plan to do this but the CM at mine train told us we could on our 1st day. I just asked every time and they all let me go with her without hesitating.

Every ride has a chicken exit. My wife frequently will go through the Que with me and then skip the ride. Depending on the ride, there are different areas for her to wait.

Even FOP had one. We had a person with a rider on our last ride last week that was going out the chicken exit. They had her stand on the same circle with the rider through the pre-shows, she just exited with the CM as we were led to our bikes.
I don't however, know if she had a FP (they did come in the FP line, but I didn't pay attention to if she scanned)

We have done ( get out of line ) many times with our little dare delve , she will ride any ( crazy ride any where ) and no way for DW and I . Thank you for chicken line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter