Can I have two room reservations in my name?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
I have a room reservation in my name. Other family members want to join us for part of the stay and we will require another room. The second room will include DS who just bought a regular myw ticket but WILL upgrade to an AP while there (he has a trip in Sept as well). I would like to book his room in my name to get an AP discount. The system will allow it but I just want to know if there's a risk of one of the reservations getting cancelled. We usually stay DVC so I'm having some issues with this little getaway!

I tried this last year, and was repeatedly told No by cast members. I wanted to surprise my family, and I found a way around it, but I was not able to book multiple rooms in my name.

The cast members told me it would lead to cancellations, because their system would view it as a computer error.

I have a room reservation in my name. Other family members want to join us for part of the stay and we will require another room. The second room will include DS who just bought a regular myw ticket but WILL upgrade to an AP while there (he has a trip in Sept as well). I would like to book his room in my name to get an AP discount. The system will allow it but I just want to know if there's a risk of one of the reservations getting cancelled. We usually stay DVC so I'm having some issues with this little getaway!
If you already have an AP, you should be able to book the AP room in his name as well. We were able to get 3 rooms on 2 AP's last year, so I know you can get at least 2 rooms with one AP.

I had two resorts booked in my name last year while trying to decide which one to get. Had no issues, but I’m not AP

I have tried in 4 previous trips to no avail. They will cheerfully let me pay for both rooms and mark them accordingly but I have had to put my the other room I'm my daughters mothers name.

You can without issue. I booked 2 rooms both with me as the lead guest right in MDE. Never had a single problem, from the time I booked till the time we actually completed our stay and checked out of the rooms
I booked 1 room with me, DH and checked out in MDE
Then I booked another room with me, DD and DGD and I checked out in MDE
The breakdown of the stay was me, DH and 1 room for 3 nights and then DD and DGD in the other room for 3 nights. DH left and I moved to the other room and it was me, DD and DGD in that room for 2 more nights. I was never removed from the other room and I paid for both rooms.

Interesting, I have an upcoming reservation and the CM told me I had to have DS as the lead on the 2nd room. I told her I was managing everything and paying for it all. They linked the two reservations, I don't know why I couldn't just have had it all in my name?

By the way, I never asked anyone if I could do it, I just did it all online in MDE. I think the problem folks have is in asking. CM may think they know what MDE will or will not do. Thing is, they really don't. Not in my experience at least. There are many, many other times where I've booked several rooms at once while waiting to decide what we want to do for our stay. It has never cancelled a room. There's only been the one time were I went through with actually completing a stay with me as a registered guest in both rooms but that went through fine too.

I booked at the FW cabins and ASMu family suites for the same 2 weeks, both under my name, online. I eventually cancelled FW when I found out mods only got QS free dining, but for several months I had them both booked, both showing up in MDE with zero issues. Not sure why CMs would say it won’t work, I had no problems.

OP here. I'm just keeping an eye on my MDE. If one reservation disappears I'll be sure to rebook. I check several times a day so I'm not too concerned now. I do remember calling in the past and not being allowed to book but so far so good online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter