Can I get an email for each new post in a thread?

smileeyore

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to get an email for every new post in a thread? I have noticed that once I check the board, I’ll get an email with the next message but none after that. So I have to click through to see if there have been any other messages and to essentially reset it so I will get another email. I obviously don’t want this for every thread as some have tons of posts but there are a couple that I would love to get an email for each post and not just the first time someone posts. I’ve tried looking for settings for this but everything I see is checked for email so not sure where to go or if it’s even possible. Thanks!

You cannot. The system is designed to not overwhelm anyone's inbox. Generally you get one until you visit the thread (or maybe just forum?) again. Then they start again.

The easiest thing to do is to just make a habit of clicking the "mark forums read" link at the top of the page every time you visit. That will start them again as well.

Just a note though, some of us are having an issue with the site not sending any emails at all right now. Not sure exactly what the issue is, but just a heads up in case yours stop completely like ours. We're hoping they'll figure out the issue and get them going again.

Thanks. These notices aren’t very helpful for active threads! Guess I’ll just have to disable them. I can check my email often during the day but not the website, and would be nice to be able to read the posts so I don’t miss out :) But oh well!

I am still getting them after viewing the thread so at least that part is working for me.

You cannot. The system is designed to not overwhelm anyone's inbox. Generally you get one until you visit the thread (or maybe just forum?) again. Then they start again.

The easiest thing to do is to just make a habit of clicking the "mark forums read" link at the top of the page every time you visit. That will start them again as well.

Just a note though, some of us are having an issue with the site not sending any emails at all right now. Not sure exactly what the issue is, but just a heads up in case yours stop completely like ours. We're hoping they'll figure out the issue and get them going again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter