Can I get a ride on DME the day after my flight?

lindsay314

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

I am flying into MCO on a Friday (May 4), renting a car, and driving to my friends' house in Ocala to spend the night. The next day (May 5) I would drive back to MCO to return the car and would like to catch DME to check in at Pop Century. How would this be possible? I keep reading conflicting information about whether MDE (edit: oops, I meant DME!) reservations are connected to your resort or your flight. I already have my resort reservation (checking in on May 5) as well as my airline tickets. Which information should I give them when I book?

Edit: Correct an acronym

Last edited:
DME (not MDE!) reservations are always in conjunction with your reservation. Always.

You get one ride from MCO to WDW on or after the date your reservation begins, and one ride from WDW to MCO on or before the date you check out. Call DME directly - use the DIS search function on this specific form, search for 866. That's the area code for the direct number.

all that said, have you investigated returning the vehicle at WDW?

Give them the flight info for a flight that arrives around the time you will be arriving at MCO via car. DME is available to you on check in day. It doesn't matter if you actually fly into MCO or not.

Only thing is, you can't put the yellow tags on your luggage. You'll have to collect them yourself on May 4, and bring them with you to the DME area on May 5. They'll load the bags in the luggage compartment under the bus, and you'll get them when you get off the bus to bring to the room yourself (or tip bell services to help you).

Thanks! I would prefer to ride DME to my resort instead of driving the rental car, I'm not a fan of driving on I-4 or the Disney traffic. I have the direct phone number, so I will ask them about it when I call. There is apparently a lot of confusion about this!
Also, I really typed MDE, didn't I? Too many acronyms :D I'll fix it now.

Edit: Forgot to respond to another post

We have done it many times - you can get a ride on DME during your reservation no matter how you get to the airport (or when).

If you feel like calling DME directly they can book it without a flight, otherwise just use a morning flight via the web form and then just go check in whenever you get there. You are not scheduled for a specific bus on the inbound (you are on the outbound).
We have had people arrive a day late, leave a day early, and we have also done what you are doing a few times as well. Its fine :)

No confusion at all....people do it all the time, especially my dh!!!! He hates being in WDW as long as I do, so he usually arrives later than I, and leaves earlier than I. You have two choices....1. call them and have them manually put you in the system, or 2. use the webform and give them flight info for the flight you flew in on the previous day, just make sure that the day of arrival is the same date as the start of your reservation! Easy peasy.

Ok, awesome! I will give them a call and let them know. I have never rented a car in Orlando before, and I just didn't want to be turned away at the desk or not have a seat on the bus or something when I arrive at MCO. Thanks so much for your answers! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter