Can i get a place holder for a friend?

SailorJen

Mouseketeer
I'm sailing on the Wonder this October with DH and planning Alaska on May 2020 with other friends and family. Can I get a place holder for them while onboard in October?

You can book a second stateroom for another family who isn't currently sailing with you but you have to be attached to the placeholder meaning on the reservation.

You can get a placeholder for your friend under their name even if your name is not on their reservation. If you are getting 2 placeholders (one for you and one for your friend), both MUST be used on the same sailing.

I did this before and made the reservation under my mom’s name and another one for me. Had no problem.

Another time was supposed to be for a friend but they were unsure. I ended up booking the placeholder under my name for the first room and DH for the second. That way we could use the second room for whoever wants to go with us and will just switch people around. If I would have made it under my friend’s name and they cancel, I lose the placeholder on the 2nd room. You cannot change the lead name on a reservation.

Hope this helps.

Can you not get 2 placeholders for yourself? Maybe I’m misunderstanding what’s written above. DH and I are cruising 8/7 and I wanted to get 2 placeholders. One for Dec 2020 and one for later. Is that not possible?

Can you not get 2 placeholders for yourself? Maybe I’m misunderstanding what’s written above. DH and I are cruising 8/7 and I wanted to get 2 placeholders. One for Dec 2020 and one for later. Is that not possible?
No, you can't get the On Board Booking benefits for two different cruises. You can only get them for one cruise for each you've gone on. You can get benefits for two cabins on the same future cruise. (And if you take multiple cruises, you can have multiple active placeholders off of each cruise you took.)

No. The placeholders follow the same rules at the OBB (onboard booking) benefit. Up to 2 staterooms on 1 future cruise date per household address present on the current cruise. If you and your husband live at separate addresses, you may each book 2 staterooms for 1 date (that date can be different for each of you). If you live together, you are limited to 1 future cruise date to receive full OBB benefits.

To the OP's question -- yes, as long as your own family only needs 1 stateroom (or none), you may book a placeholder for someone else. Just be sure to work out how you will pay for the deposit (if they'll pay you back or authorize you to use their CC, etc.).

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter