"Can I Get A Hangover Steak, Please?" An Adults-Only, Irma-Rific TR! - NEW PTR Link 4/11

Congrats on booking your upcoming trip! I love when I have a trip to look forward to!

If you don't mind my asking, how good a deal did you get going from values and moderates to being able to book a deluxe? I must be looking in the wrong places.

Back in the 90's, we went a couple of times the first week of June, as soon as our daughters got out of school. It was never very crowded then. I think what helped was the fact that we get out of school shortly after Memorial Day, where many areas are not out until mid to late June. Like I said, this was awhile ago, so thing may have changed since then.

Nice morning at Epcot! I guess most people were too worried to head out with the impending storm, but the good thing about hurricanes (if there is anything good about them, I suppose) is that you have plenty of notice when they are coming. No reason not to go out and have a little fun before everything gets shut down. :thumbsup2

Yay for another trip! Some of the best trips are those, "Hey, you know what would be REALLY fun..." kind of trips. lol We have several of those under our belts by now. Getting to stay at the Polynesian is a dream of mine, so I look forward to living through your trip when you do your TR!

Yay for another trip! I have been a couple times in June and didn't find the crowds too terrible. Much more crowded than September though, but not insane. I dont think the heat is much different than Sept. Probably a littler lower temps if I remember right. Although heat does not bother me like it does most so I am probably not the best to ask about that lol. We are missing you by a month! We are going May 12-16 for my Bachelorette party!

I had never ridden Maelstrom before they got rid of it ( I know, shocking :eek: ),
You're not the only one! I never rode it either. It was often planned, but one thing or another distracted us from doing it, as often happens with small kids. I'm a bit disappointed now of course that I never rode Maelstrom. I really need to try FEA on my next trip.

Disney 2018! So exciting!

B0wld.gif

Can we expect a full trip report???

giphy.gif

(I'm trying to "speak" in GIFs like you do! But I just turned 41, so I feel like an old dog trying to learn new tricks!)

giphy.gif

Hi!! :wave: Missed you and glad you're back :)

Thank you :hyper:

I think the one that first scarred them for me was Body Wars back in 2000 :crazy2:

Oh. My. Goodness. Me too. Still scarred by Body Wars.

That’s right! Disney 2018!!

:jumping1: Woooooo congratulations!! And the Poly! That will be fab for you!

We booked it last weekend, and it’s official!! We will be in the World from June 8 - June 12!

So exciting. We're on count down to our next trip too! :cool1:

So Molly-I am currently at Disney (staying at Poly!) and we got to EPCOT today and I said I need a Grand Marnier slushee. Thanks to your trip report.

OH MY WORDDDDDDDD I want one every single day of my life:love::love::love::love:

Our Anniversary is June 1st, and my husband is a teacher, so we go every year the day after he gets out of school, we will be there from the 8th - 15th. You will love it, while it can get hot, the humidity is not as bad as August and September, and the crowds have always been pretty moderate. It's our favorite time to go. Enjoy and have a great time.

Yay for another trip in the works. And Poly!!!!!! Stayed there twice - my all time favorite.

Yay for your Disney trip with just you two! Honestly I feel like there's no down time at Disney anymore but I have heard that the beginning of June isn't too bad because some schools are still in.

Yeah, I've heard that June isn't too bad too.... We'll just use FP+ wisely :) And.... has your trip already come and gone??!?! If so I need the deets!! This is what happens when I disappear for a month :rotfl2:

YAYYYYY for Disney 2018! When you said no Disney trip for 2018 I thought to myself "YEAH.....RIGHT!" :rotfl: I kid you not.

Can't wait to read that trip report!

Hahahahaha, you know me too well!! :rotfl:

How exciting to have a trip coming up for you two! We loved the Poly this past August!

Epcot was so quiet in your pictures, I have to try that chocolate bar in Norway. I love Chocolate!

I do like FEA it is cute! I am with you, a wait over 30, no way. Maelstrom was a cool ride! Andi saved a paper FP from it she has it on display in her room. She loved it.

Reading your Poly TR, I was so envious!! I knew that I needed to come back there soon ::yes::

If you love chocolate, you will ADORE Melkesjokolade- so creamy and rich!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about NYC and dress shopping!

I am writing up all of my notes from our trip and will start a trip report at some point. But we really liked POFQ and will def stay there again. We didn't LOVE it, though. But I think that has to do more with the fast that is isn't a deluxe, it just can't compete with the lobby and overall feel of some of the Deluxes. That being said, we will more than likely stay there again, so def keep it on your list!

I love anything buffalo! We ended up watching the super bowl in our hotel room with the girls asleep in the bed next to us. And then watched This is Us. And I crying horribly the whole show!

Breakfast of champions!

I don't know why, but this picture cracks me up!

Ohhhh I love it!

That is al to of walking back and forth across from the two attractions!

30 mins for Soarin' isn't too bad, though. I do love the trick of booking a fast pass when standing in front of an attraction with a long wait!

We missed out on Maelstrom as well. I think it makes you like Frozen ride better for sure.

30 minutes is a good length for pretty much any ride. It goes by pretty fast, as long as you keep moving.

I will have to get this next time! I am thinking of trying to get a candy/snack from each country next time. Snack around the world...

So jealous!!!!

Such a thoughtful gift!

I am a sucker for Deluxes too! I hope you guys have an amazing time!

NYC was a blast!! The quintessential girl's trip :goodvibes

I will keep POFQ on my list...it sounds so fun for a quick trip! I agree though that if it's not a Deluxe, I'm skeptical that I'll be 100% satisfied.. I sound like such a brat saying that but just keeping it real :thumbsup2

We're so excited about the upcoming trip! We've been planning planning planning as well as looking at airfare and dining options!

Yay, another trip!!! You will be there right after I'm there (June 5-7). Can't wait to hear all about your planning...

Aw man, I'll just miss you! Can't wait to share our plans with you :goodvibes

Congrats on booking your upcoming trip! I love when I have a trip to look forward to!

If you don't mind my asking, how good a deal did you get going from values and moderates to being able to book a deluxe? I must be looking in the wrong places.

Back in the 90's, we went a couple of times the first week of June, as soon as our daughters got out of school. It was never very crowded then. I think what helped was the fact that we get out of school shortly after Memorial Day, where many areas are not out until mid to late June. Like I said, this was awhile ago, so thing may have changed since then.

Isn't it the best?! It makes the Post-Disney Depression so much better :laughing:

That's good to hear- I know that crowds have increased so much and there's never really a "light" time anymore, but at least it won't be Spring Break-level!!

Nice morning at Epcot! I guess most people were too worried to head out with the impending storm, but the good thing about hurricanes (if there is anything good about them, I suppose) is that you have plenty of notice when they are coming. No reason not to go out and have a little fun before everything gets shut down. :thumbsup2

Yay for another trip! Some of the best trips are those, "Hey, you know what would be REALLY fun..." kind of trips. lol We have several of those under our belts by now. Getting to stay at the Polynesian is a dream of mine, so I look forward to living through your trip when you do your TR!

Haha, that was exactly our mindset! Might as well squeeze in as much park time as possible right? :rotfl:

Haha, that is TOTALLY what this trip was! What started as a little passing thought snowballed into an entire trip within 3 days!! I'll be sure to keep you in the loop about our plans and stuff :)

How exciting! This will be an awesome trip for you two!

Thank you!! We are SO excited!! :woohoo:

YAY for another trip! Can't wait to hear all about your plans! :D

Thank you!! We've been very busy planning but are SO SO excited :)

Yay for another trip! I have been a couple times in June and didn't find the crowds too terrible. Much more crowded than September though, but not insane. I dont think the heat is much different than Sept. Probably a littler lower temps if I remember right. Although heat does not bother me like it does most so I am probably not the best to ask about that lol. We are missing you by a month! We are going May 12-16 for my Bachelorette party!

Thank you :) Yes, I am expecting much bigger crowds than September (we have been so spoiled!), but that's good to hear about the heat. All of the planning websites have been telling me that it's hot hot HOT! May was definitely my first choice.

OMG a bachelorette party.... how fun!! I hope you have an amazing time!! :hyper:

So awesome you are going on another trip!!!!

Thank you, we are super pumped!! :banana:

Yippee! It's always exciting when there is a trip booked! And the Poly to boot!

Yes! We figured why not treat ourselves and go big or go home?! :laughing:

You're not the only one! I never rode it either. It was often planned, but one thing or another distracted us from doing it, as often happens with small kids. I'm a bit disappointed now of course that I never rode Maelstrom. I really need to try FEA on my next trip.

I know, I was disappointed that I didn't get to ride it :( All I've heard about it is the creepy little boy gutting a fish :rotfl:

Disney 2018! So exciting!

B0wld.gif

Can we expect a full trip report???

giphy.gif

(I'm trying to "speak" in GIFs like you do! But I just turned 41, so I feel like an old dog trying to learn new tricks!)

giphy.gif

HAHAHAH I LOVE IT!! And yes, I will do a few posts on planning and hopefully do a TR (Whenever I finish this one... :rolleyes1 )

Thank you :hyper:

Oh. My. Goodness. Me too. Still scarred by Body Wars.

:jumping1: Woooooo congratulations!! And the Poly! That will be fab for you!

So exciting. We're on count down to our next trip too! :cool1:

Body Wars was NASTY!! And thank you :) Yay, we can count down together!!!

So Molly-I am currently at Disney (staying at Poly!) and we got to EPCOT today and I said I need a Grand Marnier slushee. Thanks to your trip report.

OH MY WORDDDDDDDD I want one every single day of my life:love::love::love::love:

HAHAH YES!! I'm so glad you loved it!! And how was the Poly?! I need deets girl- which building, room view, pool vibes, alcoholic beverages?? :rotfl2:

Our Anniversary is June 1st, and my husband is a teacher, so we go every year the day after he gets out of school, we will be there from the 8th - 15th. You will love it, while it can get hot, the humidity is not as bad as August and September, and the crowds have always been pretty moderate. It's our favorite time to go. Enjoy and have a great time.

Hey, we'll definitely look out for you!! That's such a relief- I was getting a little worried about June but you have calmed my nerves immensely :goodvibes

Yay for another trip in the works. And Poly!!!!!! Stayed there twice - my all time favorite.

Thank you!! I'm so excited, the last time we stayed there was in 2002 and I was 8- so safe to say things have changed ::yes::

HELLO FRIENDS!!

image.gif

So sorry that I've been noticeably absent...It's been a crazy month but I'm so glad to be back :goodvibes

What has happened in the past 30 days?!

Well...

I went to New York City with all of my favorite girls!

(Left to right- Ryan's sister Kahla, Ryan's mom Carla, Haley, Me, Mom)

I changed my entire lifestyle to eat healthy and start working out again!

image.gif

I wrote two 15-page treatment plans and introduced 4 kids into my work program!

image.gif

On top of everyday work responsibilities and planning for WDW June 2018, I've been a pretty busy lady! But, no worries- I WILL start putting more effort into this TR so I can at least have it (almost) finished before June. I also might do a mini-TR about New York if you guys would like. And of course, I'll keep you guys in the loop about future Disney plans!

:mickeyjum

I'm hoping to have a new TR post up by the end of this week. Thanks for not leaving me when I abandoned you guys :rotfl: Ta- Ta For Now!!

Last edited:
Welcome back!!! Did you guys have so much fun in NYC?? Did your sister find a dress and more importantly, were they filming? I hope you do a mini-TR for it!

I'd love to hear about your New York trip. I watch Say Yes To The Dress all the time. How was Kleinfeld's?

OHHHH MAN! Kleinfelds! I can't wait to hear!

Poly was amazing. We just did a standard room, and had a view of the garden, which was a really pretty. Being on the monorail is AMAZING-as you know with GF! One night by BFF and I just rode the monorail around to the 3 mono resorts eating and drinking haha. The beds are insanelyyyyy comfortable. You will love it. I am jealous you get to go soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!