Can I feasibly do 1 day the day I land in Paris?

Derby

Mouseketeer
I'm going to Paris on a planned trip where I don't have flexibility with our agenda. However, we're flying into CDG (leaving from the East Coast) and landing at 7:45am. That is our only day that is entirely free. I didn't entertain the idea of going to DLP until I looked up ticket prices and saw they were much less than I was thinking. After getting settled at our accommodation, would going to DLP for the rest of the day be a completely insane idea? This will be my only chance for an extremely long time to go to DLP. We do have another day where we have about half of a day free so that is also a possibility.

ETA: I would be solo or possibly with another adult. My family is not coming on this trip.

Last edited:
Landing at 7.45am means wheels down on tarmac at 7.45am

It takes about 20 to 30 minutes from wheels down to the doors actually opening and for the crowds to start moving off the plane. Depending on where you are located on the plane you are possibly looking at walking off the plane at 8.30am.

You will then follow the masses to passport check and baggage reclaim.

Most likely it will be 9.30am when you are board your transport to your central Paris hotel.

Depending on your mode of transport and traffic, you would probably arrive at your Paris hotel at 10.30am

Remember at this stage, you are still in the clothes you wore when you boarded the plane in America and you probably feel icky and haven't eaten.
Your room may or may not be ready, as check in at most hotels is after 2pm
If your room is not ready you wont be able to wash or change clothes and will have to leave your luggage at the bag store in the hotel.

By now its probably 11am.

Depending on where your hotel is located, you now need to head out and find the metro station. Once on the Metro its approx 1 hour travel to Disneyland Paris. By now the adrenaline rush is over and you are sitting on a metro heading to Disney and will probably start to feel really tired as your body crashes after the transatlantic flight.

At approx 1pm you will get off the train and walk up to street level. You then need to get a ticket. Most likely you will be walking the entrance turnstile and onto Main Street at approx 1.30pm.

there is a train that goes straight from CDG to DLP. Not sure what you do with your luggage -- but I think there is some sort of baggage holding service provided.

there is a train that goes straight from CDG to DLP. Not sure what you do with your luggage -- but I think there is some sort of baggage holding service provided.
There is baggage storage at Disneyland Paris for a small fee. The Thv takes 10 minutes. Using the logic of previous posts if you went straight to DLP then I think you could be in the park by 11am.

Using the logic of previous posts if you went straight to DLP then I think you could be in the park by 11am.

And be dragging and miserable after a trans-Atlantic flight by 2:00 pm. Sounds like an awful way to experience DLP.

Are you familiar with traveling to Europe and know how your body reacts first few days? Have you done it before and do you sleep well on the plane? Are you flying first class? All these come into play and only you know the answers.

And be dragging and miserable after a trans-Atlantic flight by 2:00 pm. Sounds like an awful way to experience DLP.

Are you familiar with traveling to Europe and know how your body reacts first few days? Have you done it before and do you sleep well on the plane? Are you flying first class? All these come into play and only you know the answers.

I didn’t say I’d recommend it. I was just giving the OP the facts.

Also depends on how you tour, trying to hit as many rides as you can or leisurely walking around, enjoying your surroundings and occasionally hopping on a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!