Can I extend the DVC "7 for 5" park ticket?

Tony

Mouseketeer
Hoping someone knows the answer to this - I certainly can't find anything in the terms...

If I buy the special 7 days for the price of 5 park ticket for DVC guests, can I buy an extra day, so we would essentially tun it into a "8 for 6" ticket?

Thanks in advance

Well, yes, you can upgrade the ticket to an eight day ticket, but the cost won't be what you're thinking it will be. You won't be able to add a day for the $10 or so that you'd normally be charged to add a day to a regular 7 day ticket. Instead, you'll be charged the difference between the price you paid ($370 - 5 day base ticket, no tax) and the price of an 8 day ticket ($420 - base, no tax). So the extra day will cost you $50 +tax.

Steve

How often/long/consistently do they offer the 7 for 5 pass deal? We're on the fence about getting 25 Disney direct points because we don't need most of the perks -- no interest in the annual pass. But the 7 for 5 might be interesting. Does it tend to be offered only certain seasons? How long are the tickets good for?

Thanks.

This will be the first time I've seen a DVC offer that has had value to us (aside from the 10%-20% off at some shops & restaurants). The current deal runs through to the end of 2018.

How often/long/consistently do they offer the 7 for 5 pass deal? We're on the fence about getting 25 Disney direct points because we don't need most of the perks -- no interest in the annual pass. But the 7 for 5 might be interesting. Does it tend to be offered only certain seasons? How long are the tickets good for?

Thanks.

They've now had a couple of ticket offers in the past 3-4 years or so but it's varied on what the offer is. I think it was last year - or maybe a couple years ago that they had an offer on a 4 park ticket - ie, an entry into each of the parks. The price was very good compared to other tickets but you had to want to go to each park.

As far as a 7 days for cost of 5, it's not unusually to be able to get an equivalent discount from Undercover Tourist and those tickets can be upgraded and bridged to get price.

Upgraded to get the ticket that you desire and the price will be bridged to match what the ticket sells for at the gate not what you actually paid.

Upgraded to get the ticket that you desire and the price will be bridged to match what the ticket sells for at the gate not what you actually paid.

I just took a look at Underground Tourist and it seems like their tickets are more expensive than Disney direct passes for the same # of days and features, without any DVC discount -- just the standard anyone can buy direct from Disney. For example, Disney sells 4 day Park Hoppers for $425/adult. UT sells the same 4 day park hopper for $431.95 (and claims you are getting a $41 discount even though it's $6.95 more).

Disney direct sells 5 day passes for $445 and UT sells them for $449.95. So presumably if you had the DVC deal right now you could get the 7-for-5 deal for $445/adult while getting 7 days from UT would cost $469.95 (for a 6 day + "one extra day" pass) or $485 for the 7 day park hopper).

What am I missing? Is the current Disney pricing a short term special? If so they aren't promoting it that way.

I just took a look at Underground Tourist and it seems like their tickets are more expensive than Disney direct passes for the same # of days and features, without any DVC discount -- just the standard anyone can buy direct from Disney. For example, Disney sells 4 day Park Hoppers for $425/adult. UT sells the same 4 day park hopper for $431.95 (and claims you are getting a $41 discount even though it's $6.95 more).

Disney direct sells 5 day passes for $445 and UT sells them for $449.95. So presumably if you had the DVC deal right now you could get the 7-for-5 deal for $445/adult while getting 7 days from UT would cost $469.95 (for a 6 day + "one extra day" pass) or $485 for the 7 day park hopper).

What am I missing? Is the current Disney pricing a short term special? If so they aren't promoting it that way.

It's not on all tickets. And they now calculate the savings based on what you would pay at the gate so adding an additional $20. However, as was mentioned UCT already has tax included. So the 7 day hopper they sell (the 6 pluse 1 free day) is $469.95. Compared to the DVC ticket 7 day hopper is $473.93 with tax. The DVC ticket is $3.98/ticket more and you can't get it bridged if you want to add days to it. Where this ticket offer differs from a UCT ticket though is that the days can be used over a 6 month period - they don't expire 14 days after first use.

There's also a website called Mousesavers. If you sign up for their newsletter they will having varying extra deals with UCT that can get a few dollars more off tickets. With UCT the specials vary over the year. To save the most you look at what tickets offer the greatest savings at that time and buy it and then upgrade at the gate to add whatever else you need additional on the ticket.

And yes, the 7 days for 5 offer from DVC is a special.

Having reviewed this, I believe the 7 for 5 *without* hopper is the only vaguely sweet spot here. UCT seem to have a 6+1, not a 5+2, but that prices about the same as the DVC 5+2 hopper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!