Can I do this?

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
Yesterday my DD told me her GF is thinking she'll join us (we've invited her but she said no at first). We could get a Deluxe room and have all 6 of us in the same room but that doesn't sound fun. I was thinking of getting them a room at AoA (GF is an artist so she'll love it).

Can I put all 6 of us on the deluxe room reservation and still get them their own room at a different resort so they can hang out at the resort pool with us?

Yesterday my DD told me her GF is thinking she'll join us (we've invited her but she said no at first). We could get a Deluxe room and have all 6 of us in the same room but that doesn't sound fun. I was thinking of getting them a room at AoA (GF is an artist so she'll love it).

Can I put all 6 of us on the deluxe room reservation and still get them their own room at a different resort so they can hang out at the resort pool with us?
A regular Deluxe Resort room can only accommodate 5 people plus a 6th person under the age of 3. Unless you're booking a suite or CL at WL, I don't know how you would be able to have 6 "over age 3" people in the room.

However, if you have a reservation for a room that accommodates up to 6 people and you wish to put your daughters and the friend on that reservation as well as on a concurrent reservation at AoA, it can be done.

A regular Deluxe Resort room can only accommodate 5 people plus a 6th person under the age of 3. Unless you're booking a suite or CL at WL, I don't know how you would be able to have 6 "over age 3" people in the room.

However, if you have a reservation for a room that accommodates up to 6 people and you wish to put your daughters and the friend on that reservation as well as on a concurrent reservation at AoA, it can be done.

Thanks. Beach Club has a room category called Deluxe that sleep 6 adults. it sounds like it is legal so I will plan on that :)

That Deluxe room is probably a lot more expensive than a regular room. If you are not having 6 people sleep there, I wouldn't want to pay that! I think you can have a day visitor at the pool with you. I understand that pool hopping is typically not allowed, but I have also seen people say that they have had a local friend/family member/etc. come as a day visitor and hang out at the resort and swim. I'm wondering if since most of your party will indeed be staying there if you can have them come over and join you as a day guest. I would consider finding out about that before paying for a larger deluxe room than you need!

That Deluxe room is probably a lot more expensive than a regular room. If you are not having 6 people sleep there, I wouldn't want to pay that! I think you can have a day visitor at the pool with you. I understand that pool hopping is typically not allowed, but I have also seen people say that they have had a local friend/family member/etc. come as a day visitor and hang out at the resort and swim. I'm wondering if since most of your party will indeed be staying there if you can have them come over and join you as a day guest. I would consider finding out about that before paying for a larger deluxe room than you need!
Beach Club is extremely strict about the "resort guests only" policy when it comes to SAB. While other resorts may exercise more flexibility, BC enforces the policy with MB scan and wrist bracelets. If the OP's girls want to use SAB, they would have to be on the reservation.

OTOH, I don't know that I would pay a premium for a BC "deluxe room" that sleeps 6 and also for a room at AoA. I'd find a way to save money on a family suite and spend the savings on some water park tickets.

If you have more than 2 adults (18+) in a room, they will charge your an extra fee. I believe it is $25 pp/per night.

And if your daughter or her friend isn't at least 18 yrs old, they will not be able to be in the room without an adult.

Currently the extra adult fee is $35 per adult up to the room maximum capacity.

Dave

At per night ......... OUCH! I can't imagine paying that to swim. I'd rather spend less and buy tickets with water parks.

Thanks. Beach Club has a room category called Deluxe that sleep 6 adults. it sounds like it is legal so I will plan on that :)
Yes a Deluxe room at the BC, BWI, and WL all have a Deluxe room that sleeps 6. There are also the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness. Next would be the AoA Suits also sleeping 6 adults.

Dave

At per night ......... OUCH! I can't imagine paying that to swim. I'd rather spend less and buy tickets with water parks.

We will only be spending 2 nights at WDW post cruise. We like the convenience of being able to relax at the resort together in between parks but it does seem a bit wasteful. Maybe we'll stay at Boardwalk and risk it.

If you choose to stay at the Boardwalk then you can enjoy the 3 pools without worry and they will not need to be on Boardwalk room reservation. You can keep your plan original plan to book them a room at AoA. The 2 feature pools that have very stick checking of guests due to the popularity and the shear number of guests enjoying the limited space are the Lava pool at the Polynesian and SAB at YC / BC.

Dave

This. BC is very strict.

And if your daughter or her friend isn't at least 18 yrs old, they will not be able to be in the room without an adult.

I was going to point this out as well.

OP- I saw the post that said you were planning to stay at the BWI and risk it. I know tha tpeople say that you can use the quiet pools with day guest, and perhaps you may be able to, however please be prepared to have guests turned away. If this is very important to you I woudl suggest a tht you book a resort that you all can stay at rather than split off.

There are several problems with “risking it”. I don’t know what your transportation is, but if you’re using DME from or to airport, friend won’t be allowed as she isn’t on reservation. I’m not sure how cruise transportation will be affected from port to WDW resort. Also no extra magic hours at parks. You are also exceeding fire limit for room. And if you are caught you’ll be asked to leave. Not a great idea.

You won't be able to have anyone on two different reservations at the same time unless they have a different MDE set up for the second reservation. For two nights just suck it up and sleep all in one room. I cannot imagine the annoyance of traveling between two resorts, handling two different MBs, etc, all just to use a pool.

There are several problems with “risking it”. I don’t know what your transportation is, but if you’re using DME from or to airport, friend won’t be allowed as she isn’t on reservation. I’m not sure how cruise transportation will be affected from port to WDW resort. Also no extra magic hours at parks. You are also exceeding fire limit for room. And if you are caught you’ll be asked to leave. Not a great idea.

OP says she wants to book them a room at AoA to actually sleep in. In which case, they would have all the same on-site benefits as any other guest, including DME and EMH.

No fire limit excess, as they are not staying in the room.

I read her “risking it” comment to be in regards to her guests possibly not being allowed to join her as guests at her pool.

You won't be able to have anyone on two different reservations at the same time unless they have a different MDE set up for the second reservation. For two nights just suck it up and sleep all in one room. I cannot imagine the annoyance of traveling between two resorts, handling two different MBs, etc, all just to use a pool.

Lots of people manage multiple personas in MDE. You just assign reservation 1 to “Angela” with the red MB, and reservation 2 to “Angie” with the blue MB. It’s the easiest way to make sure the correct ticket is being used because asking CMs to prioritize doesn’t always work.

But since OP’s current plan is to stay at BW without DD and GF, they won’t be on the reservation at all, so no need for two accounts.

Also, OP says they will be “post cruise” for this trip, so I can see why having extra space to spread out might be a priority after a week of cramped quarters.

OP seems to have simplified her plan. As I read it, OP and her party will stay deluxe, and DD & GF will stay at AoA. They will meet up to go to the parks, and head back to OP’s hotel to use the pool. OP will try to get DD and GF added as day guests, knowing there is a chance they might not be allowed to use the pool.

OP says she wants to book them a room at AoA to actually sleep in. In which case, they would have all the same on-site benefits as any other guest, including DME and EMH.

No fire limit excess, as they are not staying in the room.

I read her “risking it” comment to be in regards to her guests possibly not being allowed to join her as guests at her pool.
Maybe I misunderstood the Risking it to mean she was going to put 6 in the room and nix AoA.

Thanks all. I was in my 'I need a plan' mode so I was running through ideas and I appreciate everyone who commented.

OP seems to have simplified her plan. As I read it, OP and her party will stay deluxe, and DD & GF will stay at AoA. They will meet up to go to the parks, and head back to OP’s hotel to use the pool. OP will try to get DD and GF added as day guests, knowing there is a chance they might not be allowed to use the pool.

Yes, this is the new plan :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter