Can I call Disney Dining to get a different time?

disneybliss2

DIS Veteran
We have a 5:30 reservation at Biergarten in June. Since it's summer and it's the day of Father's Day, I'm worried we won't get seated and have our food in time to enjoy the show at 5:55. I'd like to back our reservations up to 5:20. I know, it's only 10 min. but I think it would increase the odds that we'd be seated faster and have our food in time to enjoy the show. Currently, I can only get the computer to pull up the fifteen increment time slots--5:15, 5:30, 5:45, etc. Since the computer won't allow me to choose 5:20 as a time right now, can I call Disney Dining to request 5:20? I'd go w/ the 5:15 but worry we'd be there too early. Or...should I just stick w/ the 5:30? It's frustrating not knowing what to do!!! Thanks all!

What show are you talking about? Typically the further out you are from the time the restaurant opens for dinner, the longer you will wait.

I'm a ding dong! I changed my wording a few times trying to make what I was saying clear and then I ended up not even stating which restaurant it was because I chaned my wording around. Thanks for calling that to my attention! I added it in now--Biergarten.

I would go with the earlier time. An ADR just means you get first seating for your party size. You can still wait 30 minutes or more for your table. If you are seated right away, you can linger over your food. At buffet restaurants I like to have my meal in courses--salad first, a bowl of soup, then entree type food. Seconds on what you liked, Then, dessert. That should stretch you out till showtime. BTW I did not know there was a show at Biergarten.

So since the computer is only giving me 5:15 or 5:30 as an option, can I call Disney and get 5:20? I am uncertain if they only open up the five minute increment time slots once the 15 min. time slots (5:15, 5:30, etc.) are filled, or if I can go ahead and request an off time (5:20). I know it's somewhat of a silly question, but I really don't know. We all know how one gets stuck on hold forever using the Disney phone system, and I didn't want to bother calling if the 5:20 is not a time option yet. I also didn't want to change it if several people said I was good w/ the 5:30 time I have.

I am not sure about the time increments available on the phone vs online. If 5:15 was available online, I would just take that. It will give you a cushion in case you don't get seated immediately. Once you are seated, no one is going to throw you out. Stay and enjoy the show!

Or if you can't get a ressie, you can show up early and see if you are seated.

We arrive early to all our adrs and are seated usually within 10 mins. (including the hard to get ones).

The earlier in the dinner rush the easier it is to be seated earlier.

I was going to recommend getting their early as well. It is advised to arrive 20 minutes prior anyway (I think).....you never know, they may be able to go ahead and seat you.

If you want 5:20, I would just make it for 5:15 and either get there right on time or a couple minutes late if you really want to make sure you have your food before the music starts.
Alternatively, you can just try to have salad and rolls before the music and then dance and enjoy it and get more food after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter