Can I bring in ice?

Cayaco

Mouseketeer
I know the cooler and backpack size restrictions, so this isn't about that, but for the allowed sizes, can I fill them with ice and bring that into the parks in order to keep food cold?

We always bring in full plastic water bottles that were frozen the night before in our freezer. Keeps our food cold and have never had security question it. By the end of the day, the water bottles have melted and are a cold refreshing drink!

They aren't going to require people let their food spoil in the FL heat.

You'll be fine bringing in ice.

Does the security guard just dig through all the ice to ensure no weapons are hidden in there or just get annoyed they need to put their hands in a cold bag?

I was looking at smaller insulated backpack coolers that I could fill up with ice, put food and drinks in there, and then just carry it around during the day. Some of them keep ice frozen for 4 days in 97 degree Florida heat so using one for half a day at Disney would have everything remain cold during the summer months, ensuring my chicken tender subs stay fresh until I am ready to eat them.

Does the security guard just dig through all the ice to ensure no weapons are hidden in there or just get annoyed they need to put their hands in a cold bag?

I was looking at smaller insulated backpack coolers that I could fill up with ice, put food and drinks in there, and then just carry it around during the day. Some of them keep ice frozen for 4 days in 97 degree Florida heat so using one for half a day at Disney would have everything remain cold during the summer months, ensuring my chicken tender subs stay fresh until I am ready to eat them.
He probably only sticks his hand into the ice on really hot days. ;)

I put ice into gallon sixed ziplocks and just lift the ice bag out of the cooler when going through security. Keeps from having a cooler full of water/wet sandwiches also.

We take a hydropack (backpack full of ice/water to drink out of) and they don't ever mess with it. They just check the pockets around it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter