Can I beat this rate with an AP?

sjw4870

DIS Veteran
I have reservations the first week of May for Polynesian (garden view) for $220 per night (includes the tax - so I guess the rate is around $199). I am not really an expert here, but I think that is a pretty good rate (last time I stayed at Poly - 96, it was $260). Regardless of my rate, I am going to be buying an AP. Do you thing the AP will get me a lower rate or should I be happy with the $220? (I am already happy - but I could be even happier!)

I'll be at the Polynesian lagoon view for $384 including tax. So I think you're rate is pretty good.

I also have an AP, but, I have a feeling there will be no ap for May.

It's a good rate, yes, you should be happy with it :).

As of right now, it doesn't appear that there will be AP rates for that time period. :( (I'm waiting for them also)

Have a good trip.

Teresa

sjw4870,

That sounds like a great rate-we are going in May too but my rate is $272 at the Poly with Garden view and that is with tax. Where did you get such a great rate? Were you one of the lucky ones to get a postcard? I got one last year and stayed at the GF for $254 a night--it was great! Congrats! I am hoping on the AP rates but am having my doubts that we will ever see them!:bounce:

Rack rate for May is $344 plus tax for Garden View. So $199 would be more than 40% off, I don't think an AP rate would be better if they ever come out. How did you get that rate?

GREAT RATE!!!
Be happy you were able to get it!!:teeth:
Even IF AP rates do come out, I highly doubt they would be any better than what you already have.

We are paying $473 for a lagoon view concierge at the Poly just when it goes off peak. Is this a good rate or would we get a better rate with an AP? We are AP holders and were hoping to get a bit more of a discount.

Samlab,

You didn't say when you were going, but our rate for last August/Sept was $320 (includ. tax) for Lagoon View Concierge.

This was with a general code, I think the AP codes were the same.

Hope you are able to get a decent discount :)

Teresa

We will be there on 4/27-5/1 just as a the season changes from peak to regular season. Geez, I hope we're getting a good rate. We booked it through CRO. Do you guys have any ideas how we could get a better rate? I think we have an AEF code for something like that and were just waiting for AP's to come out.

We've got Lagoon View Concierge at $423 (tax included). I got one of those emails with the pin.:)

Before I got that email, we had it at $473.

who was the email from? I don't think I've gotten one of those emails...

I want one now... :(

Originally posted by samlab25
who was the email from? I don't think I've gotten one of those emails...

I want one now... :(

The email was from Disney. Like the Postcard codes, they are randomly sent out.

I was the one who started this thread...I got the $199 rate at Poly though email in mid-march. The email provided a 3 digit code (AFK?) and a PIN. The email indicated that the offer was for deluxes starting at $124 per night (plus tax) from 4/27 to 7/3. Not sure the prices that were available for any other resorts. I only asked about the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter