• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I ask about Fibromyalgia here?

chell

Mushu's Best Friend
Is it okay for me to get tips from others with Fibromyalgia on this board? I never know where to post things and some people don't think Fibro is anything at all. I hope I do not offend anyone.

I think I have had it since birth. Actually it is pretty close, but that is another story. How do those of you that suffer with Fibromyalgia handle trips to WDW? Lately because of mine I have had a problem getting over an injury that should have already healed. We are planning a trip in two months and I am worried if I can physically handle the trip and walking around the parks. My husband has suggested that I get a wheelchair if I start feeling bad, but I don't want to do that. It's not a pride thing. I know there a others who might need it worse than I do. Anyway, I just wanted to hear from others who might be able to help me. I would gladly take any tips you have to offer.

Thank you!

Welcome.
You are encouraged to post anything here that might help someone enjoy their WDW vacation despite some challenges. Quite a few posters with fibromyalgia have shared tips (or just vented because they were having a bad period).
And if a wheelchair or ecv would help you conserve your energy while you are at the parks, that's what they are there for.

Get the wheelchair if you need it. If you don't you will pay for it with a flare. I know I overdid a bit on my last trip and had to slow down the last couple of days. Fortunately I was pretty much just doing shows and watching the interpreters so it wasn't too bad. But I did everyone available this trip.

SueM, teri & lisapooh: Thank you so much for your responses! It is somewhat comforting to know that others here know how you feel. But at the same time I hate to know that anyone else knows how this feels because I don't want anyone else to be in pain. Does that make any sense?

teri - thanks for the links.

Thanks to each of you for your kind words. They really do mean a lot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter