• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can GAC be used for restaurant seating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerJan

<font color=blue>I need the sunshine to SURVIVE!<b
I was wondering if a GAC can be used at restaurants for seating or is it only for attractions? We have not dones any PS for dining because DH (metastatic colon cancer) never knows when or if he will want to eat! Chemo tends to make him not want to eat, but somedays he seems to be starving! Just curious.......

It also won't get you seated any faster.

My advice is to go ahead and book some ADR's and you can cancel them if you don't want to use them.

Anne

Isnt a GAC just to get equal access? Im not sure what equal access is needed in this situation? I agree make some ADRs and cancel if you cant make it.

Isnt a GAC just to get equal access? Im not sure what equal access is needed in this situation? I agree make some ADRs and cancel if you cant make it.

I think "reasonable accomodation" is a better term.

Disney expects people to do as much as possible to "accomodate" themselves, and will help out beyond that where it's reasonable to do so. In this case there is an option of making cancellable advance ADR's, so there's no reason for any further accomodation.

Anne

OK everyone....as usual what I asked seems to be getting twisted around, so let me make this PERFECTLY CLEAR!!!! I'm not looking to get something for nothing, just asking a question...

OK everyone....as usual what I asked seems to be getting twisted around, so let me make this PERFECTLY CLEAR!!!! I'm not looking to get something for nothing, just asking a question...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't think you were asking for anything other than if a GAC caould be helpful at a reastaurant. :confused3

Anne

OK Folks

The original poster asked a question.

The basic answers came out as no, the GAC will not get any special cosideration at restaurants as it is designed for use at attractions only. The recommendations are to make reservations and if you are unable to use them to cancel them.

The purpose of the GAC is to provide accomodations so a person with a disability will be able to get equal enjoyment as a person without a disability.

As the question has been answered, and factually there is nothing else involved, there really is no longer any reason for this thread to stay open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter