Can barely hear operators?

LMHB

Mouseketeer
Does anyone else have a problem with this? Whenever I call Disney about our reservation, after going through the gauntlet of confirming information (which I almost always have to reconfirm because the information hasn't "transferred"), I always seem to get stuck with operators I can barely hear. I am fairly young and not at all hard of hearing. I know they are on headsets, but I always wind up asking them to speak up, which they don't do for long. Are they instructed to keep their volume low? I don't have this problem when calling other numbers on my phone. It is so irritating anyway because calls to WDW take forever anyway, this just makes it more annoying - I know from experience they are expected to "confirm" three pieces of information for every single call, very tedious. Thanks!

I haven't personally had this issue, but I did work in a non-Disney call center once. While this isn't directly related, hopefully it will help. Our headsets had a volume slider directly on it, so I wonder if it would be more effective to ask them to turn up their headset? I think that was probably more effective for the customers that I was working with than me trying to speak more loudly into the phone. The reason they didn't have us have our volume all the way up was because it supposedly picked up other background noise in a busy room with people constantly on the phone (or so they say).

I would ask them to adjust their mircrophone on their headsets. Many of my co-workers have moved to using a headset. While on conf calls when we can't hear them, we point out that they need to adjust there microphone. Once they do this, it generally gets better.

We had a cm once who we were sure was doing dishes at the time.

Yes! I have found that I have trouble hearing the CMs that are taking calls at home. Though I had trouble hearing them I had no trouble hearing the dog barking, child crying, wife/girlfriend asking when he'll be done, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!