Can anyone confirm WL Visa RO discounts?

DisFam95

DIS Veteran
I've called 2x and no CM offered any discount for our Courtyard room only. All info I can see online though Disney and on the Visa page refers to packages only and on the Disney site specifically to Club level rooms.

Some on the other discount boards have said they called in and got a 10% discount on their RO at WL with the Disney Visa disc. Or were upgraded to courtyard for a discount - indicating there are discounts to more than club level.

What am i missing? Is this just luck of the draw w a CM. The first one was pretty disinterested in her job but the other one was definitely super professional and searched and searched telling me she had other places to look and spent a long time and came up with nothing.

Is it date specific? We're March 9-15. I'm on hold now hoping for a third opinion :)

Thanks!!!

I've called 2x and no CM offered any discount for our Courtyard room only. All info I can see online though Disney and on the Visa page refers to packages only and on the Disney site specifically to Club level rooms.

Some on the other discount boards have said they called in and got a 10% discount on their RO at WL with the Disney Visa disc. Or were upgraded to courtyard for a discount - indicating there are discounts to more than club level.

What am i missing? Is this just luck of the draw w a CM. The first one was pretty disinterested in her job but the other one was definitely super professional and searched and searched telling me she had other places to look and spent a long time and came up with nothing.

Is it date specific? We're March 9-15. I'm on hold now hoping for a third opinion :)

Thanks!!!

It is definitely date specific. It's also room type specific. For every discount WDW offers there are a set number of rooms in each category for each date. Once those rooms are gone, they're gone. And the way WDW discounted room only bookings go, if any day during your trip does not have any rooms left then you won't be able to apply the discount to just some of the days. A couple years in a row now I've had to make 3 separate bookings in order to take advantage of a room only discount. We wanted to go for 7 nights and on night 4 there were no rooms available under the discount. So I made one reservation for nights 1-3 with the discount, another reservation for night 4 at rack rate, and a third reservation for nights 5-7 under the discount. Each time we've had to do this we were able to book the same room category for all 3 and were able to stay in the same room.

I bring this up because this may be a reason you have not been able to get a discount. You may have to play around with the dates.

Well Samantha K seemed very helpful and did a lot researching.

She found the Disney Visa offer, there is a room only, dates Jan 1- April 14.

She just explained there's only a limited number of rooms for each category so just check back maybe closer to time as people do cancel and then that will open more discounted rooms.

I guess after thinking I should have clarified that yes there are discounted regular rooms included in the offer it's just that they were all booked.

I think it's the fact that WL has lost half of the room inventory (supply and demand) making discounts there less likely.

Darn Villas!!! :sad2:

It is definitely date specific. It's also room type specific. For every discount WDW offers there are a set number of rooms in each category for each date. Once those rooms are gone, they're gone. And the way WDW discounted room only bookings go, if any day during your trip does not have any rooms left then you won't be able to apply the discount to just some of the days. A couple years in a row now I've had to make 3 separate bookings in order to take advantage of a room only discount. We wanted to go for 7 nights and on night 4 there were no rooms available under the discount. So I made one reservation for nights 1-3 with the discount, another reservation for night 4 at rack rate, and a third reservation for nights 5-7 under the discount. Each time we've had to do this we were able to book the same room category for all 3 and were able to stay in the same room.

I bring this up because this may be a reason you have not been able to get a discount. You may have to play around with the dates.

So can they tell me certain days are full and not available for discount? SHould I just call back and try to make a new reservation and have them check individual days? Do you have to move rooms?

So can they tell me certain days are full and not available for discount?

Yes. They will be able to tell you what rooms and dates are available under the discount.

SHould I just call back and try to make a new reservation and have them check individual days?

I would.

Do you have to move rooms?

If you can book the same room category for each reservation your odds are very good that you can stay in the same room.

Another super helpful CM. She checked and just said there's nothing open except Club level for those dates. I think WL is just going to be hard to get w room inventory cut in half. She also said just keep checking back closer to time - it's amazing the amount of people that call when offers released and book up everything.

Looks like I'll just be working a few extra weekend shifts! :)

Another super helpful CM. She checked and just said there's nothing open except Club level for those dates. I think WL is just going to be hard to get w room inventory cut in half. She also said just keep checking back closer to time - it's amazing the amount of people that call when offers released and book up everything.

Looks like I'll just be working a few extra weekend shifts! :)
I tried to get WL for our dates in January but with a 10% discount, it was cheaper to stay at the BC. Unfortunately, the WL is much too popular now. :(

This is exactly why I changed up our reservation this past February from the AKL to the WL, two weeks before our trip. I got a UOC for the Wilderness Lodge at 30% off. I knew after the construction was complete and the villas were good to go, the odds of getting a good discount there was going to decrease a lot. So I took the 30% off with my UOC for a standard room two weeks out, and loved it. We were able to see the fireworks from our balcony every night. I think before taxes it came out to $225, but wait, that might have been after all taxes. Plus the odds of getting a nice discount at the AKL are still good for the future I think.

With Disney swapping over resort rooms to DVC, it can cut the need for discounts at those resorts by a lot. They know what they are doing. It just sucks that they are doing it.

The discounts at WL are very limited. Back at the beginning of September 2017, I tried booking a BB rate for December 2018 at WL and the only rooms available with the promo were the CL level/suites ($$$$$). This is not a case of discounted rooms having been scooped up because the 500-day booking window had literally just opened. This is a case that with the limited inventory, they have calculated that they are able to sell the regular rooms at rack rate certain times of the year, and only the most expensive rooms are being included in the promos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter