Can anyone at Disneyland right now report crowd levels for this week? :) (any days between 10/5/19 through 10/13/19)

Two friends were there today (separately) and both said the park was packed. I have two other friends that will be there tomorrow and they promised to report back. Lastly, I’ll be there Sunday from rope drop till about 1:00. I suspect heavy crowds as well. We nearly always have at least two “golden hours” once the park opens - 8:00 - 10:00 or so. I’ll be sure to report in, as always.

EDIT: I was also there on Weds and crowds were at least twice as thick as I’d expected. As many have noted, they were likely due to the Utah and AZ school systems both having spring break at the same time. Hopefully the outbreak of crowds will be contained by next week ;-).

Last edited:
Today is Friday and they ran out of all fast passes in DL before 6:30 when I checked.
That’s being said with early morning hours and good use of Maxpass, we have actually be able to do a lot!
Wooooooowwww, I don’t think I’ve ever seen DL FPs run out that early (keep in mind they with Maxpass, you can still pick up cancellations!)

Wait times right now (8:30pm) look pretty darn horrendous. 😬

Disneyland was busy today but still manageable. We got there around open and it was lovely up until around 10:30. Still managed to get a lot done thanks to MaxPass though we ended up leaving around 5 because the kids were dragging. My best tip if you have MaxPass is to just keep refreshing the available FPs as we were able to get a couple of within-30-minute FPs for our group of 4. The craziest thing to me was seeing Pirates at over an hour! We ended up skipping that (it had also gone down earlier in the day) and are going back to DL tomorrow to do the lands we skipped today (Fantasyland, Toontown, Galaxy's Edge).

WonkaKid, we're aiming for rode drop on Sunday, so maybe we'll see you there!

Getting a little nervous for Monday. I’m expecting big crowds but I looked at wait times early this morning and RSR and TSMM were over an hour at like 8:30am...

After seeing this, you know what sounds great? A summer visit to DL. Preferably when So Cal APs are blocked out. This week is perhaps a perfect storm because you have:
  • fabulous So Cal October weather
  • Halloween time, which locals & out-of-towners alike totally love at DL
  • So Cal Select AP holders can go Mon-Thurs (blocked out Fri, Sat, Sun)
  • So Cal AP holders can go Mon-Fri (blocked out Sat, Sun)
  • Flex AP holders can go Mon-Fri (blocked out Sat, Sun)
  • Deluxe AP holders can go Sun-Fri (blocked out Sat)
  • Utah schools on fall break
  • AZ schools on fall break
  • some CA schools on fall break
  • power outages in Northern CA driving some people to head south for a few days to see Mickey
Never before have I ever seen a queue just to get back from Tom Sawyer's Island. That is NUTS!
They need to cut flex access this time of year I guess.

We have been here since yesterday. Yes crowded but thankfully MP and mobile ordering have been working well for us.
Tomorrow is our last day. I am mentally prepared for the worst. But then I’m coming back in December on CP weekend (that was a mistake in planning) so it’ll be fine. 😬😬😬

Two friends were there today (separately) and both said the park was packed. I have two other friends that will be there tomorrow and they promised to report back. Lastly, I’ll be there Sunday from rope drop till about 1:00. I suspect heavy crowds as well. We nearly always have at least two “golden hours” once the park opens - 8:00 - 10:00 or so. I’ll be sure to report in, as always.

EDIT: I was also there on Weds and crowds were at least twice as thick as I’d expected. As many have noted, they were likely due to the Utah and AZ school systems both having spring break at the same time. Hopefully the outbreak of crowds will be contained by next week ;-).
Utah stilllllll not out this week.

They need to cut flex access this time of year I guess.
Do they actually do this? Do they block a pass when the calendar has already been released? I know sometimes they open up previously blocked days, but how can they block something after the calendar has been published, since people will have already made plans around a published block out calendar? We are thinking of upgrading to the Flex on this trip, and I have never had an AP before, but if they can just change the calendar after it is published, it would really sour me on the idea of an AP.

Do they actually do this? Do they block a pass when the calendar has already been released? I know sometimes they open up previously blocked days, but how can they block something after the calendar has been published, since people will have already made plans around a published block out calendar? We are thinking of upgrading to the Flex on this trip, and I have never had an AP before, but if they can just change the calendar after it is published, it would really sour me on the idea of an AP.

Technically they can as the terms state the calendar is subject to change (so that could be adding blocks or removing them) but in reality, no, they don’t add block outs to a published calendar. I suppose there’s always a first time but it would generate some very bad press and make for very angry passholders so I think it’s pretty unlikely.

However, we don’t really know how Disney is managing the Flex pass behind the scenes so specifically for that pass they could potentially reduce the number of reservations available. That wouldn’t have been an option most of the past week (or next week) though as Tues-Thurs were good to go for both parks.

Friday (10/11) was packed both parks ... but I think all passes were open for that day. The wait for foot at Bengal BBQ was close to an hour after your order was placed (either walk up or mobile order). Insane!!

We intend to head back today (Sat, 10/12) but are moving slowly and will only spend a couple hours. I think SoCal Select, SoCal and Deluxe are blocked out of DL today??

Here now, it's crowded, but not horrible yet. The problem is ALL the ride closures. We've been in DCA today and at opening indredicoaster and toy story down, went to soarin - they were only loading the middle section of each ride (so weird) so what should have been a 10 min wait was 40... it also seemed to go slower. Cars was down, Grizzly has been down, increicoater has been down all day and we're currently in line for luigus and it's broken down and taken 10 mins of sitting/reloading twice since we've been in line for about a half hr at this point. Pretty frustrating.

A friend is there now (Saturday at 2:00) and she tells me that the park is slammed.

We got here at noon (knowing it was slammed), but wowowowow is it crowded. My husband said he thinks this is the most crowded day he’s ever been to.
That is how I felt on Wednesday! I definitely have never been to the parks when it’s been that crowded before. I can’t even imagine capacity honestly.

Technically they can as the terms state the calendar is subject to change (so that could be adding blocks or removing them) but in reality, no, they don’t add block outs to a published calendar. I suppose there’s always a first time but it would generate some very bad press and make for very angry passholders so I think it’s pretty unlikely.

However, we don’t really know how Disney is managing the Flex pass behind the scenes so specifically for that pass they could potentially reduce the number of reservations available. That wouldn’t have been an option most of the past week (or next week) though as Tues-Thurs were good to go for both parks.
I thought they made a change to deluxe a few years ago mid year. Since there’s no 1/1-12/31 calendar a change could be made for Oct of next year or any time the calendar isn’t published yet. As they figure out how many people will attend with flex pass I’m sure there will be changes to ‘good to go’ dates in the future. I’d assume they’re making it more appealing now to get people on board.

It was nuts in DL this morning. Definitely felt busier than yesterday, and definitely lots more confused and stressed out families. Mobile ordering seems to have glitched right around noon, at least from what I overheard from a bunch of irate guests who were badgering the restaurant CMs. We went back to the hotel after lunch to rest up. Wait times at DCA seemed even worse than DL! We may switch up our plans and rope drop there tomorrow instead of DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!