Can anyone at Disneyland right now report crowd levels for this week? :) (any days between 10/5/19 through 10/13/19)

I’m at the park now and it’s pretty busy. I just got a Buzz Lightyear FP and my return time is 1:05 (an hour from now). Ordinarily it would be available immediately. I suspect that crowds will still be heavy tomorrow but hopefully they’ll begin to subside on Tuesday.

I’m at the park now and it’s pretty busy. I just got a Buzz Lightyear FP and my return time is 1:05 (an hour from now). Ordinarily it would be available immediately. I suspect that crowds will still be heavy tomorrow but hopefully they’ll begin to subside on Tuesday.
My friends were there today and they said it was sooo bad. They just got passes this summer and were really spoiled by the low crowds. I don't think they've ever been through crowds like this (and I don't think I have either). They also told me they boarded onto Indy, then it broke down and it took them an hour and half to get off.

My friends were there today and they said it was sooo bad.
Yeah, today wasn't a great day for crowds. But I've seen it worse. Hopefully the crowds were due mainly to the Utah and AZ fall breaks and by Wednesday we'll begin to see them regress to normal.

We have been here since yesterday. Yes crowded but thankfully MP and mobile ordering have been working well for us.
Tomorrow is our last day. I am mentally prepared for the worst. But then I’m coming back in December on CP weekend (that was a mistake in planning) so it’ll be fine. 😬😬😬
We will be at Disneyland on CP weekend, 12/7-8, too...do you think it’s going to be crazy crowded?

We will be at Disneyland on CP weekend, 12/7-8, too...do you think it’s going to be crazy crowded?
It shouldn't be as crazy crowded as this week and, potentially, next week. When the fall breaks for major school districts in different states overlap and it seems like everyone heads for DLR, it really can feel insane! CP only adds crowds in Town Square and the lower half of Main Street. The further back you are in DL, the less you feel the CP effect. In DCA, you might not even know CP was going on in the other park.

UT's fall break starts next week (17th and 18th), so get ready for UT's annual escape to Anaheim! AZ and part of NV were there this week.
Do you think the last weekend in October will be bad? That's NV day. The whole state will be closed unlike the smaller counties having fall break. I know NV doesn't have the biggest population, but I know people who are planning to come that weekend. I want to avoid the Utah weekend...

Do you think the last weekend in October will be bad? That's NV day. The whole state will be closed unlike the smaller counties having fall break. I know NV doesn't have the biggest population, but I know people who are planning to come that weekend. I want to avoid the Utah weekend...
I don't know if it will be bad, but I think there will be some crowds to see Halloween Time one last time before the actual holiday. That's the last weekend to see everything for those who can't get off work/school before the 31st and the last weekend OBB date, too. So I would at least expect local crowds, in addition to any guests from NV.

So why do we think Monday-Wednesday of this week will be busy if Utah schools aren’t out until the 17th?????

Not sure about Tuesday and Wednesday. But tomorrow is Columbus day. Some people don't have work. California schools don't have it off (that I know of), but other states do. Last year this day was very busy.

Ahhhh yes! Columbus Day! I find it strange people from out of town would come Monday considering they have to be back at work/school on Tuesday? None of the schools here in San Diego have tomorrow off and I don’t think LA schools do either. It’ll be Interesting to see how bad it is at the parks tomorrow. We are doing rope drop and planning on a hotel break if it gets nuts.

I'm not the expert that @theluckyrabbit is, but I think any time is pretty crowded lately. But I'm sure it's correct that it's mostly Main Street and Town Square that will be REALLY nuts.

I just got back from three park days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) and it was crowded, but not "I can't move" crowded and we always found a place to sit when we wanted one.

Not sure about Tuesday and Wednesday. But tomorrow is Columbus day. Some people don't have work. California schools don't have it off (that I know of), but other states do. Last year this day was very busy.
It depends on the school. My friend is an art teacher in phoenix and she has tomorrow off, and I think Tuesday too. So, families could come all weekend, then leave Tuesday. She even said she knows of some students who are going (or probably currently at) the parks this weekend.

A bunch of SF bay area school districts have the day off, and some are off for the week.

I'm not the expert that @theluckyrabbit is, but I think any time is pretty crowded lately. But I'm sure it's correct that it's mostly Main Street and Town Square that will be REALLY nuts...
One issue with the CP crowds is that, similar to crowds for fireworks or parades, these guests are waiting for a show. So they will camp for their spots all day and not move until the show is over -- this can mean from early in the day until nighttime -- which is a lot longer than most fireworks or parade crowds hang around. So you have a growing, not moving crowd in Town Square for both days of CP weekend. The rest of DL and all of DCA really aren't affected -- they just have normal, Holiday Time weekend crowds. DL now opens the eastern and western gateways to get traffic down Main Street in either direction -- makes things much easier. And you can always use the Monorail from DTD to TL to skip the main entrance area entirely.

I got curious so I looked some more and it seems pretty much all of Washington and Oregon have off tomorrow, the 11th. Monterey has this whole week off.

The Bay Area mostly just has Monday the 14th for Indigenous Peoples Day.

The upshot is that this week has the vast majority of school breaks in the West, and notably that killer day off for Los Angeles on Wednesday. Next week there are far fewer days with no school.

I live on the East Coast and fall breaks aren't a thing around here, but many/most schools in the East do have Monday off for Columbus Day. So we think of next week as the busy week...seems out West this first full week might be the real one to avoid.

That’s funny because I always thought fall breaks must be an east coast thing because most schools here in CA don’t have them. Most schools also just dropped Columbus Day rather than keeping it as a holiday for indigenous people. In our county the only extra day off in the fall is usually a teacher work day on Nov 1st. And then the elementary schools get the full week off for Tday.

We've gone this past Saturday and last week Sunday. I would say the Park is well visited. Not quite bumper to bumper, but my eyes say, what are people talking about when they say Attendance is down!

We've gone this past Saturday and last week Sunday. I would say the Park is well visited. Not quite bumper to bumper, but my eyes say, what are people talking about when they say Attendance is down!
I mean, attendance was down - really down - all summer. A lot of people here were predicting that the crowds would be back for Halloweentime/Fall Break, which has turned out to be accurate! I did hear some people in the parks on Saturday who had expected “low crowds” because of summer reports they’d heard... it’s not summer anymore!

Also, I’d have called Saturday bumper-to-bumper, personally! Wait times on the app look a lot better today, so I’m curious to hear in-person reports.

It shouldn't be as crazy crowded as this week and, potentially, next week. When the fall breaks for major school districts in different states overlap and it seems like everyone heads for DLR, it really can feel insane! CP only adds crowds in Town Square and the lower half of Main Street. The further back you are in DL, the less you feel the CP effect. In DCA, you might not even know CP was going on in the other park.
Any words of wisdom for Veteran’s Day weekend? I am assuming it will be very crowded, but it’s the only time we could go and see the Christmas decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter