• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can AKL Concierge get us Tables in Wonderland?

Mommb

DIS Veteran
My family is planning to spend one night at Jambo House before a cruise in February. Because we'll be doing Jiko for dinner and somewhere for lunch after the cruise, and then doing a trip next summer, I'd like to get a Tables in Wonderland card. It appears to get the DVC discount on TIW, I would need to go to a park or Downtown Disney. Our flight gets in around 3 pm, so I would probably have time to take the bus to Downtown Disney and back before dinner, but I'd rather not.

My husband just asked, if we upgrade to Club Level, could we get a TIW card through the concierge? We have a few points to use that would otherwise expire, so the total cost would be $60 for 4 one-time use points. If it would save me a bus trip, I would go for it. Is that likely or even possible?

Thanks!

The concierge staff will not be able to get you a TiW card. You will need to go to a Guest Relations location at a park, DTD or the TTC.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

...My husband just asked, if we upgrade to Club Level, could we get a TIW card through the concierge? We have a few points to use that would otherwise expire, so the total cost would be $60 for 4 one-time use points. If it would save me a bus trip, I would go for it. Is that likely or even possible?

Thanks!

You can only get the one time use points at seven months. You'll never get the AKV Concierge villas at seven months out.

A round trip to DAK would almost certainly be faster than one to DTD or any other park.

You can only get the one time use points at seven months. You'll never get the AKV Concierge villas at seven months out.

February is only 5 months away. A stray 1 night might be available, you never know. Right now a club studio is available for 2/10/14.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Because we need just one night, as of when I checked yesterday and earlier today, I could get a Club room. (I was surprised.)

Going to Animal Kingdom park is a good idea, but can I get a TIW card outside without entering the park? At Hollywood Studios a few years ago, I know I was sent inside to Guest Relations to get one.

Because we need just one night, as of when I checked yesterday and earlier today, I could get a Club room. (I was surprised.)

Going to Animal Kingdom park is a good idea, but can I get a TIW card outside without entering to park? At Hollywood Studios a few years ago, I know I was sent inside to Guest Relations to get one.

You should be able to purchase the TIW outside the park at GR. Make sure you have your DVC member card. With WDW park buses, it should be less than a 1 hour investment of time. Since you are landing at 3, you may get to the resort by 4:30-ish, so hopefully your Jiko is after 5:30.

I think there is a way to order TIW and have it sent to you, but I don't know the details of doing that with the DVC discount. The card is activated when it is sent out, so you lose a little time, but since your next trip is next summer, that probably does not matter. You may want to call the TIW folks to see if that is an option. The website link is Table In Wonderand

Going to Animal Kingdom park is a good idea, but can I get a TIW card outside without entering the park? At Hollywood Studios a few years ago, I know I was sent inside to Guest Relations to get one.

Excellent about the club room. Hope you can snag it.

Yes, there is a Guest Relations window outside each park. At DAK, it is on the left after bag check.

And you could have purchased your card at DHS at GS outside the park. Not sure why you were directed to the one inside...maybe the line outside was long or you were already going through the turnstiles??

I think there is a way to order TIW and have it sent to you, but I don't know the details of doing that with the DVC discount. The card is activated when it is sent out, so you lose a little time, but since your next trip is next summer, that probably does not matter. You may want to call the TIW folks to see if that is an option. The website link is Table In Wonderand

You can only mail order the TiW Card if you are a FL Resident or Annual Passholder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter