Can a child using a CARES harness still reach the tray table on the airplane?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Does anyone recall if their child who used a CARES harness can still reach the tray table on the airplane? Still trying to figure out if I should use the CARES harness or a rear facing car seat on the plane?

Does anyone recall if their child who used a CARES harness can still reach the tray table on the airplane? Still trying to figure out if I should use the CARES harness or a rear facing car seat on the plane?
most airplane seats can not take rear facing carseats cause belts wont fit. never used cares harness so cant say about tray table. most airlines require carseats to be in the window seat not middle or aisle seats

most airplane seats can not take rear facing carseats cause belts wont fit. never used cares harness so cant say about tray table. most airlines require carseats to be in the window seat not middle or aisle seats

All FAA approved seats that sit rear facing for infants will fit in the belts on US airlines. Infants under 1 (or 20 lbs on some) are required to be rear facing and the airline is required to allow for the seat to be installed correctly according to manufacturer directions for air travel. I have used a Cosco Scenera Next rear facing with no issues at all, and know many people who have had infants needing rear facing seats that had no trouble. Infants necks are not strong enough to support their head and need additional recline to protect their airway that the forward facing position does not provide, making it unsafe for them.

All FAA approved seats that sit rear facing for infants will fit in the belts on US airlines. Infants under 1 (or 20 lbs on some) are required to be rear facing and the airline is required to allow for the seat to be installed correctly according to manufacturer directions for air travel. I have used a Cosco Scenera Next rear facing with no issues at all, and know many people who have had infants needing rear facing seats that had no trouble. Infants necks are not strong enough to support their head and need additional recline to protect their airway that the forward facing position does not provide, making it unsafe for them.

I posted a new thread about car seats. I do plan to get the Cosco Scenera next.

Yes, my child was able to still reach things on the tray table when she was in the CARES harness. She couldn't put the tray up or down,but she could reach a few things that were on the edge.

Yes, my child was able to still reach things on the tray table when she was in the CARES harness. She couldn't put the tray up or down,but she could reach a few things that were on the edge.

Did you ever find it impeded the use of the tray or screen for the person behind you? I have a friend who used one once and she said it totally ticked off the person behind her (parents seriously can’t win on planes sometimes )

How old was your child at that time? thank you!
She ranged from 15mo to 3 years when we used it.

Did you ever find it impeded the use of the tray or screen for the person behind you? I have a friend who used one once and she said it totally ticked off the person behind her (parents seriously can’t win on planes sometimes )

You know, we were usually on regional jets or Southwest, which meant we didn't have screens. I'm not sure how it would work with a screen. The harness goes pretty low, so I don't think it would get in the way of the screen, which I think tend to be higher. No one ever gave us a hard time about it. Maybe we were just lucky!

The person behind can use their tray table no problem, they just have to push harder on it to close it.

The person behind can use their tray table no problem, they just have to push harder on it to close it.

When do you put the strap through?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter