can a 21 day ticket be used for 22 days?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
last time we were at WDW, we had a 14 day ticket that worked for 15 days..
it worked on arrival day plus 14 days...

so i'm wondering if the same is true of the 21 day ticket...
has anyone used it for 22 days? meaning arrival day, plus 21 additional days?

This is a question I'd like to know the answer to as well!

I called Disney to make a change to my booking - I was originally staying for 13 nights and decided I may as well add another night on. When I changed, I asked them the same question since I'll effectively be there for 15 days (although to be honest I don't think I'll be considering going into the parks on arrival day as I'm normally pretty shattered) but have a 14 days for the price of 7 ticket. She said that it's effective from the day that you first use it and sort of implied that it would only be usable for 14 days.

I'd be really interested to know for certain though as, perhaps I just misheard her but her answer was a bit vague.

our story is the same..
we weren't planning on going into the parks on arrival day as we'll only be arriving in the afternoon and have to rent a second car for DS etc..

but today was our fastpass booking day and we had trouble getting flight of passage in animal kingdom..
we were able to snag a fastpass for arrival day in the evening..
but it will be really stupid for us to go into the park for one attraction if it means we won't be able to use the ticket on our last day..

Ohh I would like to know the answer to this too, as we arrive on the 18th January (until the 1st Feb ) and have a 14 day ticket and would love to pop into Epcot for a couple of hours on our first evening, but not at the expense of missing out on going on our last morning/afternoon before we get our plane.

So if we went every day it would technically be 15 days, but as I said don't want to chance it, just to be disappointed on our last day as we'll be disappointed enough that we have to go home lol :rotfl:

Ohh I would like to know the answer to this too, as we arrive on the 18th January (until the 1st Feb ) and have a 14 day ticket and would love to pop into Epcot for a couple of hours on our first evening, but not at the expense of missing out on going on our last morning/afternoon before we get our plane.

So if we went every day it would technically be 15 days, but as I said don't want to chance it, just to be disappointed on our last day as we'll be disappointed enough that we have to go home lol :rotfl:

talk about disappointed....while we've been planning, every time we get towards the end of the 21 day schedule, both DD and i get tears in our eyes!!!!! and we're not even at WDW yet!!
while 21 days sounds like a lot, it goes by in the blink of an eye!!!!!!!!!!!
no one understands that at all....
14 days, 21 days, 28 days....it's never enough!!!! and we never get to do all the things we'd like to!!...
time for us all to move!!!! :)

I know exactly how you feel, I have a plus 21 day trip coming up next month and I still haven't finished with the FP.
It just makes it go far too quickly!!
And I don't want it to.........

In answer to your OP the tickets that come with the free dining packages have a valid date from your check in day, however late that may be.
So your check out day is 'ticketless'

Hope you love SS, it's such a peaceful resort.

I know exactly how you feel, I have a plus 21 day trip coming up next month and I still haven't finished with the FP.
It just makes it go far too quickly!!
And I don't want it to.........

In answer to your OP the tickets that come with the free dining packages have a valid date from your check in day, however late that may be.
So your check out day is 'ticketless'

Hope you love SS, it's such a peaceful resort.

I may well be misunderstanding your post, so apologies if that's the case - does this mean that you can't go in to parks on your last day?

I've read in the past that the ticket can be used for 14 times over a 15 days period. So you cannot use it every day, but if you plan to skip a day in between, you can use it both the first and last day of a 15 days period.
However a couple of years have passed, so I'm not sure this is still allowed.

It's 21 days of entry that can be used over 22 days

So if you want the ticket to last until day 22 , you need to skip one day

If you do 21 consecutive days then you won't be able to use it on day 22

It's 21 days of entry that can be used over 22 days

So if you want the ticket to last until day 22 , you need to skip one day

If you do 21 consecutive days then you won't be able to use it on day 22

I believe this does not apply to the tickets purchased with the package. They have a 'valid from' date which is check in day.
I have previously requested to change the valid from date but have never been able to do this.
I am talking about free dining packages.
Tickets bought separately are valid for 7, 14, 21 days from their first use.

As strange as it sounds - the tickets give you x number of days from (read: AFTER) the first day use. i.e. if you have a 21 day ticket, it will actually allow you in to the parks for 22 days. This was certainly the case when we had a 21 day ticket in October 2015 - we visited the parks for the full 22 days. I believe after you first use the ticket, MDE will confirm this showing how many days remain. You should see "22 days remaining" on the day you first use the ticket.

As far as I know, this has not changed.

Last edited:
As strange as it sounds - the tickets give you x number of days from (read: AFTER) the first day use. i.e. if you have a 21 day ticket, it will actually allow you in to the parks for 22 days. This was certainly the case when we had a 21 day ticket in October 2015 - we visited the parks for the full 22 days. I believe after you first use the ticket, MDE will confirm this showing the date the ticket expires.

Again, was this part of the free dining package, because although I agree with your statement when buying stand alone tickets the FD package appears different.

As strange as it sounds - the tickets give you x number of days from (read: AFTER) the first day use. i.e. if you have a 21 day ticket, it will actually allow you in to the parks for 22 days. This was certainly the case when we had a 21 day ticket in October 2015 - we visited the parks for the full 22 days. I believe after you first use the ticket, MDE will confirm this showing how many days remain. You should see "22 days remaining" on the day you first use the ticket.

that was our experience a few years back with the 14 day ticket...we used it for 15...arrival day and then 14 days..
well i suppose we can try it...
how much is a one day ticket anyway.....yeah, i know...a king's ransom....well hopefully, it will work....
i'll post after our holiday and let you know if it did!!...... :)

Again, was this part of the free dining package, because although I agree with your statement when buying stand alone tickets the FD package appears different.

I don't have free dining, I'm DVC, so that isn't the reason.

Actually, I've just found you can check this yourself right now in the MDE app as long as you have already purchased the tickets (and linked them to MDE). This does not work on the website, you need to use the phone app. Open the app and tap your avatar icon at bottom and then tap "My Tickets". You will see "21-Day Ticket. 22 days remaining". That should put this one to rest - you get 22 days on the UK ticket :)

I don't have free dining, I'm DVC, so that isn't the reason.

Actually, I've just found you can check this yourself now in the MDE app without using your ticket (it does not show on the website). Open the app and click your avatar icon at bottom and then tap "My Tickets". You will see "22 days remaining" confirming this as long as you have already purchased the tickets. That should put this one to rest - you get 22 days on the UK ticket :)

I am also DVC and current AP holder but booked free dining packages last year for 2 of our 4 trips.
I would suggest checking MDE, which is not foolproof, with a current FD package.

that was our experience a few years back with the 14 day ticket...we used it for 15...arrival day and then 14 days..
well i suppose we can try it...
how much is a one day ticket anyway.....yeah, i know...a king's ransom....well hopefully, it will work....
i'll post after our holiday and let you know if it did!!...... :)

Definitely works. Take a look your tickets in the MDE app on your phone (not website) and you will see they say "22 days remaining". Enjoy :)

I am also DVC and current AP holder but booked free dining packages last year for 2 of our 4 trips.
I would suggest checking MDE, which is not foolproof, with a current FD package.

I'm confused - are you saying you did -not- get 22 days out of your ticket? I don't understand your bit about free dining. The "21-Day Ultimate" ticket media is a ticket type in its own right - the entitlements do not change based on the rest of your package - whether you have free dining, paid dining, no dining. The free dining requires a valid park ticket, but the free dining does not affect the entitlements of the ticket media. You need to have the Ultimate ticket for free dining, which includes the additional day access.

Last edited:
Definitely works. Take a look your tickets in the MDE app on your phone (not website) and you will see they say "22 days remaining". Enjoy :)

The OP has a free dining package and so would be bound by the terms of that package.

I'm confused - are you saying you did -not- get 22 days out of your ticket? I don't understand your bit about free dining. The "21-Day Ultimate" ticket media is a ticket type in its own right - those rights do not change based on the rest of your package - whether you have free dining, paid dining, no dining. The free dining requires ticket media, but the free dining does not affect the ticket media in anyway. You need to have the Ultimate ticket for free dining, which includes the additional day access.

In my experience you do NOT get the additional day when using the ticket as part of a free dining package.

In my experience you do NOT get the additional day when using the ticket as part of a free dining package.

To clarify, were you refused access, or you just felt you wouldn't get it based on the wording in MDE? That's very different. This 'extra day' has been the case for a long time, and has worked for me prior to DVC and when on a free dining package staying at the Poly. The change to actually properly display this in MDE is very recent - so the app may have given you the wrong impression from the wording. Did you actually try and use your Ultimate ticket and were turned away? If so, what year was this as the Ultimate tickets have not been around forever and may have been a different ticket type. I can only assume this occurred prior to 2014 if you were actually turned away. This is not the case anymore and anyone can see this in the app now if they have a valid ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter