Can’t make fastpasses on MDE because account is full?

mlee.sunny

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I am a gold passholder and my pass expires at the end of September. I tried to make fastpasses this morning and got the error message that I need to link a ticket. I did not have an issue in February or April making fastpasses with this pass.

After an hour on the phone with MDE support, I was told that my account was “full” and that I had too many plans on the account. The CM told me I would have to create a whole new account and that everything would have to be transferred to that account. She explained that because MDE doesn’t clear out past events, it can get too full.

The solution today was to move all annual passes to my Husband’s account. That seemed to work, but the issue is that the my unlinked our accounts to get it to work.

So my question is, is this a common problem? Our August trip will be our 8th trip within three years, but it seems like there are plenty of passholders on the boards who may make plans and go frequently. Should I call and speak with a different CM before creating a new account? I really hate to have to do that, as my DVC account and DCL account are all linked to that account and it will be a hassle to call everyone to change accounts.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Is it a *common* problem? Not really. Is it a *real* thing? Yes. It happens. Regularly. The CMs use of the word "full" is a serious misstatement though, as that's not what's actually going on. But it does kinda gets the point across that the account has reached a point where there is so much stuff associated with the account that the system is no longer able to process everything in the backend system before the front end (app or website) times out.

Net result is that the only thing that can be done is to create a new account. It is a pain.

Steve

I had to do this about 2 years ago as have a few other posters on this board.

In short MDE remembers every reservation, past or present even those you have canceled, every dining reservation past present and canceled and everything in between. My issues started with MB's not working for room access and progressed into charging issues and eventually my account was overloaded.

I had to create a new email account just for MDE and create a new account to transfer to. I had two trips planned one with FP+ already booked and both with dining booked so IT had to create me a new account and transfer the plans. So far I haven't had any issues with the new account but I have to remember to check that email now and then as this is the only thing it us used for.

Is there any way to see all these old plans? I could not find any.

If you are asking about prior plans or canceled plans then no we can't see them on our end via MDE but Disney IT can and some (maybe most?) of the CM's.

Oh no...I think this must be what happened to me. This is going to be a pain to do.

Is it a *common* problem? Not really. Is it a *real* thing? Yes. It happens. Regularly. The CMs use of the word "full" is a serious misstatement though, as that's not what's actually going on. But it does kinda gets the point across that the account has reached a point where there is so much stuff associated with the account that the system is no longer able to process everything in the backend system before the front end (app or website) times out.

Wow really. If they didn't want to spend more money on data storage they could easily write a script that says, delete anything older than x date. That sounds like a terrible pain in the butt to move that not to mention having to take the time to call...

So, update. 5 total phone calls, 6 hours on the phone, and 24 hours later, MDE, DVC and DCL account “transfers” are complete. This was a major pain to do. And although 99% of my plans, photopass and profile were moved over, my pirates league reservations are MIA. I’m glad I grabbed a screenshot of them so I can at least call and cancel/modify on the phone :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!