Can’t decide upon which month to plan next visit

married2mm

DIS Veteran
Mid/Late sept?

October?

Or beginning November?

I’m aware there’s a Star Wars something or other being unveiled later in the year:rolleyes1

However, that’s not a key factor-
One way or another.

Pros/cons to dates

:thanks:

We used to love going the week after Labor Day, the crowds were always manageable but now with one in college and one in middle school we have been summer bound last couple of years.

I'd pick mid-sept. They still have Mickey's not so scary Halloween party and most parents are hesitant to pull kids out of school that first month so crowds are usually less. Plus weather is nice and warm enough to swim.

We’ve been the first week in October a few times and always felt the crowd was small/just right. I don’t think you can “go wrong” with any of your options.

We are going at the beginning of May for a family birthday trip-
Mine!
I’ll be celebrating half a century.

Next trip just me & dh.

We've been going in early November starting on Veteran's day. That weekend is a bit crowded but the rest of the week has been fine. Christmas decorations are going up and the Christmas parties have started. Weather good as well.

If all bets were off, i would go early Nov. Sep can still be a tad humid and Oct will have the Halloween crowd. We have been all 3 months and the 1 time we went in early to mid Nov was incredible.. low crowds, low humidity.. it was one of my favorite trips.

If all bets were off, i would go early Nov. Sep can still be a tad humid and Oct will have the Halloween crowd. We have been all 3 months and the 1 time we went in early to mid Nov was incredible.. low crowds, low humidity.. it was one of my favorite trips.

Yep. We've done this twice in a row now and will probably keep going at the same time.

We went early November a couple of years ago and thought it was way more crowded than our prior visits in late April/early May. Never been in September but I've read that's a good time to go. That would be my choice if we could make it work, but due to work schedules September is the one month we can't go. Planning on an early May trip in 2020. I will say the weather was much nicer in November.

I guess this supports the idea that it felt busy when we were there in November 2017--https://blog.touringplans.com/2017/11/13/november-crowds-larger-usual-2017-disney-world-universal-orlando/

Last edited:
We live in the Northeast, so our favorite time to visit WDW is March and/or April. We need the warmth and something to look forward to during the winter months!

We like the first week of November so we catch the tail-end of F&W and if you're lucky the weather will have cooled off a bit (still plenty warm though.)

Looking to avoid Star Wars? Don’t choose early November. You also have wine and dine half marathon weekend and the end of food and wine in early November. I think you’ll have better crowds if you choose the other options.

We went early November a couple of years ago and thought it was way more crowded than our prior visits in late April/early May. Never been in September but I've read that's a good time to go. That would be my choice if we could make it work, but due to work schedules September is the one month we can't go. Planning on an early May trip in 2020. I will say the weather was much nicer in November.

I guess this supports the idea that it felt busy when we were there in November 2017--https://blog.touringplans.com/2017/11/13/november-crowds-larger-usual-2017-disney-world-universal-orlando/

Just booked May 2020 this morning!!! :)

Fiance and I are going in mid-September, a bit after Labor Day
Last year we went the first week of October and crowds were okay, hoping crowds will be even better this time :)

Fiance and I are going in mid-September, a bit after Labor Day
Last year we went the first week of October and crowds were okay, hoping crowds will be even better this time :)

Been in mid sept previously & the weather was hot!
Very nice indeed compared to northern England.
It’s cold in the north. :rolleyes:

I think our next trip will (hopefully)be October -
As current flight prices have more than doubled:sad2: since we first considered dates...

We went at the end of October last year and it was still hot. Florida weather is so unpredictable. It was also a lot busier than we wanted. If I could pick anytime of year (from the times we’ve visited) I would pick end of February/early March

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!