Camping pads

glassslipper2004

DIS Veteran
OK, this is more an adventures than an adventures by Disney question... because Disney would never let us sleep on the floor: Anyone have any suggestions as to the best pad to put under a sleeping bag? I'm looking more for comfort than warmth, as we will be inside. Any suggestions are welcome.

:goodvibes

OK, this is more an adventures than an adventures by Disney question... because Disney would never let us sleep on the floor: Anyone have any suggestions as to the best pad to put under a sleeping bag? I'm looking more for comfort than warmth, as we will be inside. Any suggestions are welcome.

:goodvibes
Some sort of air mattress. Air insulates best, and you can more easily adjust the firmness for comfort, and they pack really easily. I don't have a brand name for you, as I gave up camping years ago after the tail end of Hurricane Edouard came through while I was camping in Nova Scotia. No such thing as a waterproof tent in the tail end of a hurricane... :confused3

Sayhello

We do a lot of camping and I've been a scout leader for years, taking groups to Philmont Scout Ranch, Seabase, Northern Tier and much on the Appalachian Trail.

We all reach the same conclusion over the years. The foam "egg carton" type camping pad is the best. Period. It provides great insulation, works to your body size and shape, and is durable.

I liked thermarest, but they tend to get holes in them and they are very hard to patch. They are also rather expensive. Once you've worn a hole, its a goner.

Air mattresses have the same problem. If you don't fully inflate it, for more comfort, as you shift around it makes noise - my wife called it like sleeping beside an iron lung all night.

Many different companies all make the foam egg carton pads - they're inexpensive, of different thicknesses based upon personal preferences, and are the best. From hundreds of field tests with kids and adults.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter