• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camping in August

Camping Griswalds

DIS Veteran
We had read so much about decreasing crowds but still long hours in Aug that we made ressies for the 20-30 of this year, now that the weather is getting warmer, I'm getting worried. Our plan is to get up for early entry, leave parks by noon head back to nap and swim, then go into parks again around 5pm. This seemed like great planning except I noticed that only MK is open til 10p and Epcot til 9p for the first 5 nights. Then everything closes between 5-8 the 2nd week. How will we beat the heat but still get lots of time in the parks??:smooth:

How about planning cooler activities that don't involve leaving the parks for the afternoons? If you're going to do the water parks, that would definitely be the time to go, especially since the crowds tend to thin out in the afternoon, especially after it rains. Other options would be FW at Epcot since everything is indoors and indoor air conditioned shows like the Hall of Presidents, Diamond Horseshoe, and that type of thing. Just take lots of water with you and dress cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter