• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camping in August??

disneyorbust

Earning My Ears
OK, you all convinced me that camping IS a vacation so I booked FW last week of July, first week of August. I have to go when the kids don't have school and I want to stay 2 weeks. Now for the sad part. I don't have A/C in my pop up, I don't even have the pop-up yet! We went to Disney last August and stayed at All Stars so I know what the weather will be like, but will it be unbearable to camp? Does the pop-up get any moisture/heat damage from the humidity? We will only be inside to sleep at night and are planning on bringing a fan. I know that people tent camp too and they must survive... or do they?! I'd love to try this, but I don't want to be so miserable that I pack up and go home. Thanks.

Tent campers do survive, at least we did last August. With fans the heat at night wasn't too bad. We plan on camping again next year but this time in a pop up. If you can afford it an airconditioner may make your trip a bit more pleasant, but you will have a fine time without it. Many people use the silver emergency blankets on the bunkends to reflect the heat, and they also keep some of the condensation down inside the camper.

My family and I went tent camping in August at Ft. Wilderness.

We didn't have a fan but I would certainly bring one next time!

I would do it again in a heart beat........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter