Camping at the Fort "Must haves"

Thanks so much for this information, this will help us so much. It seems as though we have similar travel routines and as you mentioned with traffic around DC I was very concerned about traffic issues causing us not to be able to connect with reservations. Thanks again!

If you are coming with a pop-up or hybrid, search out the bunk end covers that can be added over your existing canvas. I've had only two complaints ever with FW: 1) the dreaded pine sap that seems to pour out of every needle over some sites, and 2) weekend only campers that make it impossible to stay ten days in a row during the fall. I can get booked every day but one random Friday or Saturday that tailspin my trip. I haven't found a solution to problem number two yet, but the after marketer bunk end covers protect your original canvas from the pine sap very well. We also always bring our pop up canopy to help protect our picnic table from the same situation.

I haven't found a solution to problem number two yet,

I can tell you that for us, the solution is to BOOK well in advance. As soon as you think you MIGHT want to go, go ahead and book it. Deposit is only one nights rate, and can be refunded if your plans change (well up to a point that is.)

How do I get a Micky lamppost and the wooden Micky musket sign?

If you would like the contact information for a Musket Mickey sign, you need to request it using the link below. bama_ed will PM you the info but you need 10 posts in order to receive a PM (private message)

http://www.disboards.com/threads/musket-mickey-sign.3036701/page-41#post-56461931

The Mickey lamp post are homemade. I have attached a link that has assembly instructions along with a materials list and where you can purchase those materials.

https://erinblackwell.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/how-to-make-a-mickey-lamp-post/

Steve

PS..... @bama_ed probably won't reply tonight as he is watching his Crimson Tide spank my Wildcats. :guilty:

Last edited:
Love the squirrel in the bag.. If you want to feed the rats in cute costumes what do they like best?? I know they love anything that's left on the picnic table..... If I bring a feeder will they use ? Or laugh at me ?

4 days 2 hours and 47 Minutes till we are on the way.......

Love the squirrel in the bag.. If you want to feed the rats in cute costumes what do they like best?? I know they love anything that's left on the picnic table..... If I bring a feeder will they use ? Or laugh at me ?

4 days 2 hours and 47 Minutes till we are on the way.......

We bring a bags of peanuts. They seem quite satisfied with them. Tried dried corn (ours at home love them) but the Fort squirrels didn't care for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter