Camping along 95

mrsfascinating

Mouseketeer
Looking for inexpensive campground along RT 95 in georgia or jacksonville to spend 1 night in on way to Fort Wilderness in December. Googled it an KOA is $54 and Pecan Park is $66 I was looking for less than $40. Is there anything close to 95 in that price range that we wouldn't be afraid to park in for a night?

St Marys KoA on the FLA GA line was around $30 bucks the last time I went though. However it was in November.

We stay at Green Acres in Waltersboro SC (exit 53). It is right off 95 and an incredibly easy and nice place to pull in for the night. The rates are $30 to $35 a night. Even if you pull in late they have an area to sign in. It's about 5 to 6 hours to WDW but for us (driving from PA) it's a perfect stop and a great way to break up the trip

Looking for inexpensive campground along RT 95 in georgia or jacksonville to spend 1 night in on way to Fort Wilderness in December. Googled it an KOA is $54 and Pecan Park is $66 I was looking for less than $40. Is there anything close to 95 in that price range that we wouldn't be afraid to park in for a night?

I know you did not ask for SC, but we have stayed many times at Santee St. Pk. at Santee, SC - very nice and about $27.

I guess I am the rebel. We use the truck stops or the road side rests. Never had an issue.

I wouldn't mind a campground, but for us, it's so dependent upon so much. If we are ahead of time and get to the campground early... then I'd rather make up more ground traveling and keep going. If we are behind (and very tired), it's nice to be able to pull over and sleep and not try to force myself to get to the campground.

The only issues we have ever had is once we came down in the summer and of course without power, the AC doesn't work. We now have a generator we bring so that is no longer an issue. I put it in the back of the truck. Running it in the Truck stops is quieter than the Big rigs idling so no issues there either.

As mentioned, St Mary's KOA (never paid $54, but not sure exactly how much). It's right off the highway, you can get dinner delivered to your site after you pull in (great pulled pork $) and free pancakes or waffles in the AM.
If you've got younger ones - the pool and bouncy pad are great ways to burn off energy.

The further south you get in the winter months, the more money campgrounds can charge. The snowbirds will pay it, and we went to book a campground in Feb in Florida and almost couldn't get a site. We have done Green Acres mentioned above as well as St Marys. Campgrounds to and from are always in our Disney budget, and compared to Disney everyone else is cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!