Campfire

3dizcrazy

Can someone tell me about the campfire and what time it starts? We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge, so I was planning on taking the boat over one night. Is this the best way to get there? Also, does it make since to go to the campfire then go on the hayride afterwards? Thanks.

Campfire starts at 7:30 PM movie at 8:10 . If you take the boat you will have to walk about 15min. to get to campfire after you get off boat. . You could take a bus { Crocket} then get off at 800 loop and walk across bridge to campfire.

The late hayride is at 9:30. You would have to leave the movie early to walk about 15 minutes to Pioneer Hall to catch it. :D

I was just coming here to post this same question!!

Can someone please tell me where I can find a list of movies shown?? Also, what is your personal opinion of this campfire?? I have a 4 and 2 year old and they LOVE Disney movies...I heard they show only Disney movies?

Thanks so much

Hi Beanie! Scott (disney campers) usually lists the movies that are shown month by month as they become available. Check his post at the top of the page.

Yes, they only show Disney movies. In the summer, they show 2 movies, but it gets pretty late.

Your kids would love it! And, they'd have a great time at the singalong around the campfire with Chip & Dale before the movie! :D

I definitely think we will try this one out!! It sounds like so much fun for kids!! Andrew loves to roast Marshmallows, but he doesn't like to eat them (but his sister is more than happy to do that part!!) :p

Thanks for all the information!! I will let you know how it goes!! :)

Is the 7:30 start time the same in winter and summer months? If not, what time does the campfire generally start in the summer and with 2 movies how long does it last approximately?

Yes every night. We have always had 2 movies playing in Feb until this year ,it was cut back to one. We usually only stayed for one anyway.

This may be a silly question, but I want to be prepared. Do they have the marshmallows and sticks to buy?

I would also like to know if they have drinks to buy?? Thanks in advance!! :)

The campfire program is open to all WDW resort guests. It generally begins around 7:00 pm during the fall/winter season and 8 pm after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-a-long led by a Disney CM and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, cokes, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-a-long lasts about 30 minutes. Next, one or two Disney animated features, depending upon the season, are shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. The movie schedule is posted at all comfort stations. In the event of rain, the sing-a-long is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post.

fw10.jpg

fw11.jpg

campfire.jpg

chipdale.jpg

do you absolutely positively have to be a resort guest to attend this?
do they check your resort keys?

thanks for the info!

Nope, never have seen them check. This is Fort Wilderness--very casual!!

51 days to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter