Campfire-What is the REAL time for roasting marshmellows and s'mores?

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
We will be at Disney next week (yey :) ) and planned on doing Campfire Singalong and Movie with the kids.
The CM told me yesterday the singalong and campfire begins at 8 pm. I asked if this was the time that we would be roasting marshmallows and s'mores but the CM just read from his paper and repeated to me to be there at 8 pm.
For anyone that has been there/done that, can you please help me. Also can I pay for the marshmallows and s'mores with my room/charge card or do I need to give them cash? Also, how the heck do I find out what movies are playing.
We are staying at Contemporary. How will I exactly get to the campfire and is this the same place where I can take a hayride? Yikes I didn't realize I had so many questions on this!
Thank you for any and all the information you can give me.

There is normally a post on the top of the page from Disney Campers about the movie schedule, but nothing posted for this month yet. They normally post about 3 weeks of movies at a time. You will need to catch the boat to Ft. Wilderness and when you get off you want to get off at the Meadows stop. This is the same location for the hay ride but that is at Settlement which is where you get off the boat. You will board the hay ride near the Pioneer Hall you will see the sign directing you over to that area.

Thank you but does 8 pm sound correct for the start of the songs, marshmellows, s'mores, etc. or does that start earlier.
I just want to make sure we get there on time for above since after many many visits this will be our first time going to the campfire.
Thank you.

I really don't know about that. If I have time in the next couple of days I will swing by FW and will check it out and talk with them at the front desk. I will see if I can get a copy of the Movie Schedule also.

Yes, in the winter months the program starts at 8:00pm. The movie will start around 8:45.
:)

Hi, I'm js's Mom and will be going with my DGC to the campfire program. Sorry to beat this to death, but, as stated before, if we get there at 8PM , which is when we were told that the sing-a-long begins, will we then be there for the marshmallow roasting?Or does that start before the sing-a-long ? Once again, sorry to beat this question to death, but I don't know who is more excited about this, me or my DGC;)

They'll typically light the fires a little while before the singing starts. I'd get there early--you can get a good spot and start having fun!

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to this . We have been to DW quite a few times but this will be a new experience for us:) We're staying at the Contemporary and will take the boat over to FW campground. The whole thing sounds like great fun to me:) Called FW campground today and was told that the movie on Oct.14 will be Apple Dumpling Gang.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter