camper rentals

I would suggest Camperrentaladventures.com Never used them myself but have friends that swear by them. I understand they often offer specials on some models and have accessory packages as well

Anyone done a survey lately and found the cheapest camper rentals that setup in FtW?

The answer, Hatbox, is: "it depends".

How big a trailer do you need? (# of people)

How many days are you going to rent it? (most vendors use a daily rate for short stays then transition to weekly rates for longer)

Is the rental trailer available for the dates you want it for? (or is it already rented)

Do you have a campsite already reserved?

Does the vendor charge for pick-up/delivery on shorter rentals but waive it for longer?

Will you want to pay for any add-ons or extras?

What is the reputation/rating of the vendor? (you might get what you pay for)

I'm also looking for information on rentals

featherface,

If you use the "Search Forums" link for the DIS and use the key words "camper", "trailer", "rental", "rent", "recommend" in any various forms/combinations directed to the Camping Forum, you'll find at least a half dozen threads from the past year with names, comments, and reviews. This topic comes up often so there is some good info for you out there.

For the record, Disney has a few approved rv/trailer rental vendors:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/

Go down to the RV rentals and click "Read more".

The further out in advance that you can plan and coordinate both the campsite reservation and the camper rental, the better. Good luck to you both.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

I would suggest Camperrentaladventures.com Never used them myself but have friends that swear by them. I understand they often offer specials on some models and have accessory packages as well

That's who we just selected for a spring staycation. The response time, pricing and amenities are in alignment for our needs.

The answer, Hatbox, is: "it depends".

How big a trailer do you need? (# of people)

How many days are you going to rent it? (most vendors use a daily rate for short stays then transition to weekly rates for longer)

Is the rental trailer available for the dates you want it for? (or is it already rented)

Do you have a campsite already reserved?

Does the vendor charge for pick-up/delivery on shorter rentals but waive it for longer?

Will you want to pay for any add-ons or extras?

What is the reputation/rating of the vendor? (you might get what you pay for)

featherface,

If you use the "Search Forums" link for the DIS and use the key words "camper", "trailer", "rental", "rent", "recommend" in any various forms/combinations directed to the Camping Forum, you'll find at least a half dozen threads from the past year with names, comments, and reviews. This topic comes up often so there is some good info for you out there.

For the record, Disney has a few approved rv/trailer rental vendors:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/

Go down to the RV rentals and click "Read more".

The further out in advance that you can plan and coordinate both the campsite reservation and the camper rental, the better. Good luck to you both.

Bama Ed

basically I was looking for a small camper for myself this time. maybe a pop-up with AC. but mostly what I see are large campers that cost at a minimum of $150 a night for a short stay. So a $60 to $90 a night campsite plus a $150 a night camper is more than a value hotel.... so while staying at Ft Wilderness is a dream of mine I can't hardly see paying more to camp than to stay in a hotel room.

basically I was looking for a small camper for myself this time. maybe a pop-up with AC. but mostly what I see are large campers that cost at a minimum of $150 a night for a short stay. So a $60 to $90 a night campsite plus a $150 a night camper is more than a value hotel.... so while staying at Ft Wilderness is a dream of mine I can't hardly see paying more to camp than to stay in a hotel room.

No more pop-up vendors (we had one that was well liked but stopped a few years ago).

On a room-to-room comparison, yes, camper+site is not a big economic winner versus a Value. For many of us it's a lifestyle choice on how we live during our vacations. We like sleeping in our own beds and relaxing in our own space every time we're on vacation. For families, it can be attractive if you cook and eat several of your meals at the camper so you end up saving dining dollars (my three kids ate like adults so Counter Service and a rare Table Service meal were pricey in a hotel). But if you are solo travelling, the savings don't add up as quickly.

But the Fort is a great way to spend a non-park day.

Bama Ed

We've used Wilderness Camper Rentals (Wildernesscamperrentals.com) several times over the last couple of years and they have a 5 star ratings on both google and facebook. The personal service they provide their guests is First Class. They also offer golf carts with the campers which can save you over $20 a day. A very nice user friendly website. I've already booked with them again for this October and December stay and also for next Spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!