Camera help please-Canon EOS Rebel XT?

lmok

DIS Veteran
Can anyone out there that has this camera tell me what you think of it. Cruising in June and want a new camera with the best picture quality possible.
I would so appreciate any comments. :sunny:

My mother has this camera and she loves it. She used it on her Alaska cruise last year. The pictures turned out beautiful. I took it to see Disney On Ice back this fall. The camera took some of the best pictures I have ever seen.

She and I were both use to a 35mm and had not a clue how to work all the great stuff on it. So we both took a digital photography class to learn it all. It improved out pictues 100%.

Amlee,

Was it easy to learn? I don't mean to sound dumb but what is the difference being SLR?

I personally think using SLR is easier than using point and shoot. The first thing being there is no lag time between the time you pressed the shutter button to the moment the camera is actually taking the picture. You can do so much creative stuff it's crazy... and when you do NOT want to do creative stuff, you can always use the "green-zone" (full auto) and use it like you're using a point and shoot.

As far as DSLR's are concerned the Canon Rebal XT is only a consumer based camera. However don't let that fool you. It is a very nice camera. There is not real advantage to it over a 35mm Canon Rebal but that being aside I think you would be more then happy with it. Its very easy to use and if you already know how to shoot on film it will be all that much more easy to use. If you have never used an SLR camera before I would suggest purchaseing it from an actual camera store. You might pay a little more but there people there will actually be able to teach you how to use it, which is worth alot more then the price diference should be. When you get it read the manual with the camera in your hand and just shoot ALOT to get used to it. After all, you don't have to keep any of those pictures. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter