Camcorder info needed

experiment626mom

<font color=purple>I hate when people breathe on m
We have the opportunity to get a Sony 8mm Handycam Camcorder for free from our bank. Can anyone tell about this camera, the good and bad. We are thinking that we would be using this for our upcoming trip to DW and for other trips. I'm thinking it would be good for parades, fireworks, etc.

Thanks everyone.

There are many models of Handycams, all with various features. Bottom line... nothing wrong with free. If you don't like it, no big deal. I have a Sony TVR 27 which is DV rather than 8MM and love it. The main difference is that DV is digital vs. analog for 8MM (unless you mean Digital8). You have much better resolution and editing ability with digital formats if you have firewire on your computer and the right editing software. However, you really can't go wrong with Canon or Sony camcorders at any price point or any format, especially at the free price point.

experiment626mom said:
We have the opportunity to get a Sony 8mm Handycam Camcorder for free from our bank. Can anyone tell about this camera, the good and bad.

1. Model number will be required
2. Then go to camcorderinfo.com for further info about that particular unit
3. Unless you have stackloads of dough in the bank, usually they 'give out' lower-end handycams with 1/6" sensor instead of much-better-quality-especially-in-low-light 1/3" sensor.

LOL! True. However, I'm very picky about anything that's related with capturing memories. So what I would do personally is accept the freebie, don't open it, sell it on eBay and use the proceed to add to a DCR-HC90. But that's picky me ;)

Free all ways sounds good to me. I guess we'll take it and then see all that it does. If it's not something we think will work well then we'll sell it on ebay.

Thanks Kelly for the web address, it will come in handy in when we get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter