Calling to make room request

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by Dean1953, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Dean1953

Dean1953 Mouseketeer

i am staying, for the first time, at a DVC resort from October 25-30 in a BLT standard studio. I’ve already requested a high floor but am wondering, as I am close to the 2 week mark, whether I should call and request a higher floor with a partial MK view? If it’s recommended to call, what is the phone number for making BLT room requests? Thanks!

2. BillPA

BillPA DIS Veteran

standard view are floors 5 and below. almost none have any MK view, have a good trip.

Hopefully, n2mm and _auroraborealis_ like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. Dean1953

Dean1953 Mouseketeer

If anyone has the phone number directly for DVC BLT reservations, I’d appreciate it. I have read several times the BLT thread, in which rooms are listed as standard, lake and magic kingdom, and pictures of the view are provided. There are a couple of standard studios that have a very partial MK view. I had read of many persons call 2 weeks out to make their request while talking with a reservationist. If there isn’t much point in calling, I’ll let them surprise me on the 25th.

5. BillPA

BillPA DIS Veteran

Just call member services, if you are not a member they will not talk to you.

n2mm likes this.
  6. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

BLT owner. 6 stays now at BLT. 5 were standard view. I called and asked for a high view everytime. So far 3 times were ground floor, 1 time was floor 2 and the last time was floor 5 facing the tennis court. If I leaned out on the balcony and turned my head to the left I could see MK. Finally a good view.....lol..... they are standard view for a reason. Thanks for the reminder that I need to call MS to put my request in for my standard 1 bedroom on nov 10-12.

7. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

If the reservation is booked on points, the call is made to DVC Member Services, and only members can call. If you are renting, the member has to call for you.

If the reservation is booked on cash, the call is made to 407-W-DISNEY and you can make the call.

8. Spartan86

Spartan86 Mouseketeer

If a member, chat is good for requests too.

9. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO OKW/Disney... my happy place.

Good luck, 09/14/18 Standard view, bottom floor! Excellent view of the bocci court, and in turn, they had an excellent view inside of my villa! :rolleyes1 Not sure who had the worst view! :scared1:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    kboo and n2mm like this.
  10. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Standard view first floor, loved it. No requests made, had no idea the view could be so lovely.

5DE37BFA-37D9-46BA-B049-017026379BD3.jpeg

Lakegirl, BEASLYBOO and n2mm like this.
  11. CaliAdventurer

CaliAdventurer To Hunger is to Live

I’ve made a request one time- for a high floor. Got the ground floor. I no longer bother and seem to do better with luck of the draw.

n2mm and BEASLYBOO like this.
  12. ElizabethG

ElizabethG When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

I have stayed in a standard view one time. We requested 'highest possible' by calling member services. We did end up with 5th floor, facing MK. I was elated because of the point cost. The view of MK was fine.
    BLT_Standard.JPG

However, I think these are just luck of the draw. The standard view rooms tend to be booked. So, I think you get whatever is available when your check-in date is.

n2mm likes this.