Calling / Messaging cruising group on-board (ie RCL Wave phones???)

Mobbane

Earning My Ears
I'll be going on Independence of the Seas later this summer. I've only been on DCL and have experience with their Wave phone system and the free app messaging. Does RCL anything similar? If not, what are your recommendations for keeping in touch with your group around the ship? Thanks!

My last royal cruise was on Anthem of the seas. Using royals wifi to use the royal app, we were able to imessage for free. I'm hoping it works like that on Independence. We are going on Independence next month. So i'll see then

Chat app is still in beta, and not on Indy, so no luck there.

You could purchase wifi packages, but that’s pricey.

You could also go low tech with magnetic whiteboards.

My last royal cruise was on Anthem of the seas. Using royals wifi to use the royal app, we were able to imessage for free. I'm hoping it works like that on Independence. We are going on Independence next month. So i'll see then

Would love it if you could post and update if they got this working yet.

Was on Oasis last month and they did not have the messaging app on it. we just left notes on door or mostly made plans when at a previous activity.

We bought wifi packages (well, I bought The Key, which came with wifi, and was the only useful thing about The Key) so we could text while on the ship. You don't need anything fancy. Just get the minimum speed, however many devices you need.

The WiFi is affordable and unlimited, and we just get the WiFi in order to message each other ( and home!). But if we had the capability to do it for free through the app, we’d probably consider that instead!

And if you have WiFi calling turned on on your cell phones, you’d be able to call your travel companions’ cell phones also. (And home, of course)

So looking at the packages, it shows 1,2,3, or 4 devices. Are these registered devices tied to a MAC address, or number of simultaneous logins like Netflix does?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!