calling European DISers (non UK, non Irish)

I am very worried with the upcoming 2019-deals (which should be online at the end of April)

i don't think it's going to be a problem if you're interested in a free dining package.

I think it might only be a problem if you're just interested in buying a ticket.

Hi, fellow EU compadres, sorry Irish mates, you might not be affected

Hello, I'm French ... hello french ...

We usually book our disney trips through WDTC UK, or rather IE as we all pay in euros

It used to be ok, even though the sites said the offers and tickets were for UK and Irish residents only. WDTC told us it was OK

but, since the last couple of days, there is growing concern.
A new "language" has appeared on the UK site.
If you click on the language link at the top of our UK/IE site, you might have noticed a new language called "Europe (Euros)" and if you've clicked through you'll realise the prices are in euros, just like on the Irish version, but the offers and prices are much different

for example, there are no 14/21 days ultimates, there are only the US Magic Your Way Tickets, billed in Euros

so, there is a growing concern among the EU community, that we may no longer be able to book the UK/IE deals, such as Free Dining and the ultimates (or is that a reason for the 2019 price release being pushed back compared to previous years ?)

as anyone heard anything about the situation ?

ok.....i have your definitive answer..
cutting to the chase - if you are in the EU, nothing has changed...you can continue to buy UK packages and UK tickets...

i just spent half an hour on the phone with Disney UK checking out my situation (i'm not UK or EU), but as a result i found out your situation..

as of october 2017, disney made a change...

now the only countries that can book disney UK packages are UK/Ireland AND the EU...
so if you're in the EU, there is no problem...you can continue to purchase disney UK packages and tickets..

HOWEVER, if you are NOT UK/Ireland/EU you can no longer purchase UK packages....
we could before (as we did in 2016 for our august 2017 3 week stay at SSR on the UK free dining package)
but as of october 2017, disney decide to throw away the rest of the world and force us to buy those really terrible US packages..

so now, i have a 14 day free dining bounceback package from the USA.....
but the longest US ticket that i can buy is a 10 day ticket...

if i need a 14 day ticket i need to buy either a 10 day plus 4 day ticket (which costs over $1,100 per person)
or purchase an annual pass (about $1000)

i no longer can buy the 14 day UK ticket which makes the most sense in this scenario..

thanks disney....another whack over the head of those of us coming from overseas and already paying a fortune in airfare to get there..
but if we're not UK or EU, we are out of luck...

i am officially annoyed.....so i guess annual pass is the only option..

but as for you EU people - not to worry - you can buy the UK tickets as stand alone....and you can buy UK packages...

ok.....i have your definitive answer..
cutting to the chase - if you are in the EU, nothing has changed...you can continue to buy UK packages and UK tickets...

i just spent half an hour on the phone with Disney UK checking out my situation (i'm not UK or EU), but as a result i found out your situation..

as of october 2017, disney made a change...

now the only countries that can book disney UK packages are UK/Ireland AND the EU...
so if you're in the EU, there is no problem...you can continue to purchase disney UK packages and tickets..

HOWEVER, if you are NOT UK/Ireland/EU you can no longer purchase UK packages....
we could before (as we did in 2016 for our august 2017 3 week stay at SSR on the UK free dining package)
but as of october 2017, disney decide to throw away the rest of the world and force us to buy those really terrible US packages..

so now, i have a 14 day free dining bounceback package from the USA.....
but the longest US ticket that i can buy is a 10 day ticket...

if i need a 14 day ticket i need to buy either a 10 day plus 4 day ticket (which costs over $1,100 per person)
or purchase an annual pass (about $1000)

i no longer can buy the 14 day UK ticket which makes the most sense in this scenario..

thanks disney....another whack over the head of those of us coming from overseas and already paying a fortune in airfare to get there..
but if we're not UK or EU, we are out of luck...

i am officially annoyed.....so i guess annual pass is the only option..

but as for you EU people - not to worry - you can buy the UK tickets as stand alone....and you can buy UK packages...

Ughhhhh I’m so afraid of this. We just booked free dining through the UK website by using a dummy UK address. We live in new Zealand. Our booking went through and our credit card has been charged but I’m so worried we will get cancelled or in trouble with Disney. I couldn’t find anything in their terms and conditions that said we needed to be a UK citizen or resident. I tried to book over the phone and they said I needed a UK passport. Husband is convinced that since 5hey took our deposit it counts as a booking. I’m so worried it won’t be

Ughhhhh I’m so afraid of this. We just booked free dining through the UK website by using a dummy UK address. We live in new Zealand. Our booking went through and our credit card has been charged but I’m so worried we will get cancelled or in trouble with Disney. I couldn’t find anything in their terms and conditions that said we needed to be a UK citizen or resident. I tried to book over the phone and they said I needed a UK passport. Husband is convinced that since 5hey took our deposit it counts as a booking. I’m so worried it won’t be

how could they say you need a UK passport? that's ridiculous....you only need to be located in the UK, not a citizen of the UK...
what are they? immigration officers?

as for the fact you were able to book on the UK website - interesting....i'm surprised a non-UK credit card worked...
i don't see how they would be able to do anything to you once it's booked...i wasn't able to book online...
the last time i booked, before they changed their policy, i had to book on the phone..
but this time they told me the policy had changed and i couldn't book at all - online or by phone...

however, if the website accepted your booking it would seem you're good to go...
do they send anything to that dummy address? tickets or anything like that? that seems to be the only possibility that you might have an issue...
but if they don't actually send anything to the dummy address, it seems you should be ok...
if the charge cleared...

and again, i don't understand why disney has decided to throw the rest of the world under the bus....the US packages just don't work at all for those of us coming from far away...

how could they say you need a UK passport? that's ridiculous....you only need to be located in the UK, not a citizen of the UK...
what are they? immigration officers?

as for the fact you were able to book on the UK website - interesting....i'm surprised a non-UK credit card worked...
i don't see how they would be able to do anything to you once it's booked...i wasn't able to book online...
the last time i booked, before they changed their policy, i had to book on the phone..
but this time they told me the policy had changed and i couldn't book at all - online or by phone...

however, if the website accepted your booking it would seem you're good to go...
do they send anything to that dummy address? tickets or anything like that? that seems to be the only possibility that you might have an issue...
but if they don't actually send anything to the dummy address, it seems you should be ok...
if the charge cleared...

and again, i don't understand why disney has decided to throw the rest of the world under the bus....the US packages just don't work at all for those of us coming from far away...

No problem paying with a non uk credit card. My understanding is the only thing they send in the mail is luggage tags and some vouchers which you can also get emailed if they don’t arrive in time. I’ll ask for them to be emailed anyway since we were travelling to other parts of America before going to Disney anyway so even if we were from the uk thw timubgs wouldn’t have worked.

I’m still very nervous about it since I have anxiety. Husband says it will all be fine and we can just say we lived in uk when we booked but don’t have uk passports. (My sister lives there now and has a 5 year visa but will never have a uk passport)

I know they ask for a passport at check in but assume that’s just to check you are actually the right person

No problem paying with a non uk credit card. My understanding is the only thing they send in the mail is luggage tags and some vouchers which you can also get emailed if they don’t arrive in time. I’ll ask for them to be emailed anyway since we were travelling to other parts of America before going to Disney anyway so even if we were from the uk thw timubgs wouldn’t have worked.

I’m still very nervous about it since I have anxiety. Husband says it will all be fine and we can just say we lived in uk when we booked but don’t have uk passports. (My sister lives there now and has a 5 year visa but will never have a uk passport)

I know they ask for a passport at check in but assume that’s just to check you are actually the right person

absolutely - the only thing required is that you're in the UK when you book...how would they know otherwise when you have a UK address to book with...
that's the key...having a UK address that you can use..
so your husband is absolutely correct....you're fine...don't worry about it...
what they've changed is no longer being able to book on the phone...
but if you can book online, you're good to go ....so let your anxiety go too! :)

absolutely - the only thing required is that you're in the UK when you book...how would they know otherwise when you have a UK address to book with...
that's the key...having a UK address that you can use..

you absolutely and definitely don't need a UK adress to book the current free dining deal

As long as your country is listed in the dropdown list at check out, no issue

I have booked thursday for next year, and so have at least a dozen other members of a French Forum ( salut les DCPistes :p ) those who spoke out anyway, I'm not even counting lurkers
people from Belgium have been successful as well

in the end, nothing changed from previous years.

you absolutely and definitely don't need a UK adress to book the current free dining deal

As long as your country is listed in the dropdown list at check out, no issue

I have booked thursday for next year, and so have at least a dozen other members of a French Forum ( salut les DCPistes :p ) those who spoke out anyway, I'm not even counting lurkers
people from Belgium have been successful as well

in the end, nothing changed from previous years.

if you had read the whole thread you would have seen that it was already stated that people in the EU could book these holidays...

the poster from new zealand and i were specifically talking about THEM (the NZ couple) having booked using a dummy address.

Disney changed their policy at the end of 2017 - only the UK, Ireland and EU are now able to book disneyUK holidays..
the rest of the world has been thrown under the bus by disney..

my favorite thing was when the disney CM tried to claim to me that the new policy was due to a law passed by the EU...how totally amusing...

anyway, all you had to do was read the thread and you would have seen that your post was superfluous.

in fact, just scroll back up to post 22 and you'll see that i wrote that if you're in the EU there is NO PROBLEM....

but of course, those on the EU thread love to correct the rest of us, en

OP here ....

was that meant to be rude ?

no, i thought yours was rude....
as i said, in post 22 i gave the answer that was given to me by disneyUK... UK, Ireland and EU can book disneyUK holidays but the rest of the world no longer can...
however, the New Zealand poster was able to get around it by using a dummy UK address...
we were specifically talking about her case...she's very worried they'll "discover" her....but her use of the dummy UK address precludes that from happening..
we were speaking about her specific case..

again, scroll to post 22 and you have disney's policy regarding the UK holidays....the policy was changed from last year....last year anyone from anywhere other than north america could book the disneyUK packages.....but no longer....we (non-uk, non-eu) have been disowned by disney....the US packages do not work for us....
not sure exactly what disney wants from us, but apparently not our business....

Last edited:
no, i thought yours was rude....

what ?
you really have some nerve ...

look at the title of the thread. EU guests (Ireland and UK still being part of it)
You want to take the topic to non EU guests, fair enough, but that's no reason to yell and lecture at people who discuss the topic.

well, nevermind ...

what ?
you really have some nerve ...

look at the title of the thread. EU guests (Ireland and UK still being part of it)
You want to take the topic to non EU guests, fair enough, but that's no reason to yell and lecture at people who discuss the topic.

well, nevermind ...

i know...i've been in this thread from when you first posted it...
but the question you posted was answered long ago...
the new zealander came into this post because she was anxious she'd be "found out" by disney....
so i assume she came in here, rather than start a new thread about it...

you're right in that she could have used a dummy EU address....either EU or UK.....although i'm still amazed she was able to use a charge card since usually you have to use the true charge card billing address for the charge to go through....so i don't know how they were able to do that....

as for the rest of the world? those of us who have booked UK packages in the past but no longer can?
i guess this is one more push for us to go offsite....or not travel to WDW at all....more likely the latter than the former..

Does anyone knows how parking goes? It was supposed to be free for people who booked last year but I am being charged and on the website it says that only people residing in the UK and Ireland won't be charged!

Does anyone knows how parking goes? It was supposed to be free for people who booked last year but I am being charged and on the website it says that only people residing in the UK and Ireland won't be charged!

Did you book through the UK&Irish website?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!