calling all summertime cooks

disneydeb

DIS Veteran
just moved into a house going from central air to no air conditioning and i am looking for cool summertime meals that won't heat up the kitchen, i have a grill , steamer, and i am thinking about buying a crock pot , plus of course the stove but i dont want to put on the oven any suggestions? thanks in advance, ps i love southern cooking!and barbecue!!!

I have a favorite crockpot meal.
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
3-4 lb. pork shoulder roast, boneless or bone-in
1 T. paprika
1 T. dried oregano
1 T. dried onions
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp celery salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
mix all the spices together and rub all over the roast. Place it in a slow cooker--no liquid. Cover and cook until it falls apart. In my crock-pot it takes 8 hrs. on low. Remove from crockpot, and shred, removing fat and bones. Skim the fat from the juices in crockpot and return meat to pot. Serve on rolls with bbq sauce and coleslaw.
I just made 40 lbs. of this meat for my sons grad. open house. It really is yummy.
Deb :thumbsup2

DeborahA said:
I have a favorite crockpot meal.
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
3-4 lb. pork shoulder roast, boneless or bone-in
1 T. paprika
1 T. dried oregano
1 T. dried onions
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp celery salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
mix all the spices together and rub all over the roast. Place it in a slow cooker--no liquid. Cover and cook until it falls apart. In my crock-pot it takes 8 hrs. on low. Remove from crockpot, and shred, removing fat and bones. Skim the fat from the juices in crockpot and return meat to pot. Serve on rolls with bbq sauce and coleslaw.
I just made 40 lbs. of this meat for my sons grad. open house. It really is yummy.
Deb :thumbsup2

Thanks! :thumbsup2 I'm making this for Father's Day today--I knew someone on here would have a recipe for a crockpot pork barbeque--I couldn't find one on Foodtv!

DsnyDrmr--I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does. Let me know how it goes. :sunny:
Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter