Calling All Knitters and Crocheters!!!

I just finished this blanket. I bought the pattern a few years ago and finally got to work on it and got it finished. The original was a white background with a blue castle. I decided to change it up a bit. Hope you like it.

Love it!!! I like your colors better, it’s like seeing the castle all lit up!

Love it!!! I like your colors better, it’s like seeing the castle all lit up!
That is kind of what my hubby was thinking of when he picked the colors. I give him credit, he can pick great color combos. I think I created a monster. He goes to Walmart and comes home with 4 or 5 skeins of yarn, plus he makes sure they have the same dye lot. He loves the Lion Brand Mandala yarn.

That is kind of what my hubby was thinking of when he picked the colors. I give him credit, he can pick great color combos. I think I created a monster. He goes to Walmart and comes home with 4 or 5 skeins of yarn, plus he makes sure they have the same dye lot. He loves the Lion Brand Mandala yarn.
Wow! I'm impressed that your DH picks out yarn for you and checks the dye lot. He did a great job on your blanket!

I never knew this part of the boards existed and just found this, I can usually be found over on the runDisney section. I taught myself to crochet several months ago. I work nights and there is usually part of the night where nothing is going on. Reading helps some but usually it makes me sleepy or I would get interrupted and have to reread the same page about 10 times so what better way to pass the time than crocheting and having something to show for it. It usually takes awhile to get a project done because I get interrupted but it's easier than reading to just pick up where I left off. I have a blanket I've been working on for about 2 months but I mixed in some smaller projects in between. I've made several fun hats that have paired up with fun runs I've done. I don't normally wear hats when running but I like to dress up especially for short distances and having a hat to match the theme is fun. So here are some horrible pictures of fun hats worn while running.

Turkey Trot, the whole family had fun with this one after Thanksgiving dinner.
View attachment 379591
Santa Stampede elf version, hard to see the hat, this is the best picture I have with this one. It has jingle bells on it which I discovered are not ideal for a run, I jingled all the way the way to the end probably annoying everyone around me, oh well it was fun!
View attachment 379592
And this last week. I got a shout out at the start for this one from the announcer and got so many compliments along the way. Had a ton of fun with this one, it might get used for another run next month.
View attachment 379590
View attachment 379589
I’m obviously a little late to the party here, but your hats are adorable!! Please tell me you’ve done a Yoda for a SW race! If not, you should!

I never knew this part of the boards existed and just found this, I can usually be found over on the runDisney section. I taught myself to crochet several months ago. I work nights and there is usually part of the night where nothing is going on. Reading helps some but usually it makes me sleepy or I would get interrupted and have to reread the same page about 10 times so what better way to pass the time than crocheting and having something to show for it. It usually takes awhile to get a project done because I get interrupted but it's easier than reading to just pick up where I left off. I have a blanket I've been working on for about 2 months but I mixed in some smaller projects in between. I've made several fun hats that have paired up with fun runs I've done. I don't normally wear hats when running but I like to dress up especially for short distances and having a hat to match the theme is fun. So here are some horrible pictures of fun hats worn while running.

Turkey Trot, the whole family had fun with this one after Thanksgiving dinner.
View attachment 379591
Santa Stampede elf version, hard to see the hat, this is the best picture I have with this one. It has jingle bells on it which I discovered are not ideal for a run, I jingled all the way the way to the end probably annoying everyone around me, oh well it was fun!
View attachment 379592
And this last week. I got a shout out at the start for this one from the announcer and got so many compliments along the way. Had a ton of fun with this one, it might get used for another run next month.
View attachment 379590
View attachment 379589
I’m obviously a little late to the party here, but your hats are adorable!! Please tell me you’ve done a Yoda for a SW race! If not, you should!
Hi! I've been knitting for about 14 years and am a little obsessed. I also crochet and sew. I crocheted some Disney ears and Disney ornaments awhile back but I really haven't knitted or crocheted a lot of Disney stuff!
i know this is a year old, but I just now found this thread! I only knit but I’d like to learn to crochet. Your Mickeys might be what makes it happen!! Can you share some directions? These are just adorable!!

Thanks! I have not done Yoda yet. I haven’t don’t any of the Star Wars races yet but Yoda would work for any Disney run. I’m doing Wine and Dine weekend, it’s villains themed this year so I should be able to come up with some fun ones!!

Thanks! I have not done Yoda yet. I haven’t don’t any of the Star Wars races yet but Yoda would work for any Disney run. I’m doing Wine and Dine weekend, it’s villains themed this year so I should be able to come up with some fun ones!!
A Remy would be adorable!! With a wine and cheese if you could figure out how to incorporate that. Please post when you do more—so cute! :)

I knit, too! And crochet less so, but I'm working on it. Just popping in to see if anyone is still chatting here and to be notified next time someone posts :)

Hi hollydolls:
I crochet! I tried knitting but it was a disaster. My daughter and I laughed so hard while the stitches kept falling off my hook. LOL. I decided to stick with crocheting.
There hasn't been much activity on this thread, so I hope you have started some interest with your post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!