• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Called FW about my loop request

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
We are arriving in Fort Wilderness next Sat. When I made my ressies back in March, I requested loop 100 - 300, close to the canals (DH and DS want to fish and thought it would be convenient). I called the front desk at FW today, just to 'remind' them of my loop request. I am sure glad I did! When Disney Travel forwarded the ressie to them, they left the comments section blank and my loop request wasn't in their system!:mad: The CM listed my request and told me to call on Thurs to try and get the actul site #. I hope Disney Travels goof doesn't stop me from getting the loop I wanted. :eek:

Sorry to hear about the mix up but never fear the front desk CMs always do their best to get you what you want. I am sure if all you want is in 1 of 3 loops they will be able to work it out for you. We just jot back from 5 days 4 nights there Wednesday and the 100-300 loops we very well decorated and full of peacocks. They put the Christmas Tree up at the settlement and were hanging the lights and garland on the buildings. Lots of people went all out with Christmas decorations for their sites. We saw lots of the 8' blow up snowmen and Santas. Hope you have a wonderful trip we sure did...but then we always do.

We, too, just returned from 8 nights in the 300 loop. I had told hubby to bring fishing pole thinking he would like to fish in the canals. I don't know a whole lot about fishing (he loves it) but the canals didn't look inviting for fishing at all. In fact, he never even got out his poles. We did call about three days before we left (call the front desk at Fort Wilderness) to confirm our loop. Loops 100 & 200 are closer to the Marina, etc, but the sites are a bit closer together (not bad though). We've stayed in 200 and 500 before (used 300 this trip). Loop 400 looked good too. You should be arriving at a wonderful time.

Memph1s, what did you think of the crowds? We arrived on Nov 21 (Thurs) and enjoyed all to ourselves until Sunday (the week of Thanksgiving). We returned home on Thanksgiving morning. We stayed right by the site on loop 300 that was soooo decorated for Christmas. Those folks were from Mass. and appeared to be there for the duration!

We were just thrilled that we got in the campground. We had been trying to get booked for about 4 months and could not get in. Then our tow vehicle started having trouble so we were just going to get a hotel off property. Sat. the 23rd I worked on the TV and found the trouble and fixed it so we started packing to go to a hotel and I called FW one last time and they had a cancellation and we got in. So we got in the campground about 430 pm Sat the 23rd. We went to MGM for the AP members preview of Osbourn (sp?) Christmas lights. The crowd at MGM was not bad because it was for AP and PAP members only. We got a golf cart for Monday and Tuesday so we did not have to deal with the busses. We went to MK monday night and it was too crowded for us so we went back to camp. We spent the rest of the time at the campground and had a wonderful time. They were a lot of people because they were sold out but our neighbor were very nice and we had no problems. We were in 1219 and the people in the 1200 and 1300 loops near the comfort stations really went all out with the decorations. We came home Wednesday so we could have TG at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter