Call me silly...

giuly09

it made me feel like i was the queen....
Hi folks....mum and me visited DLRP last year for the christmas season and we had a wonderful time so just got back we booked again in september for the 25th celebrations - and before our AP would had expired.
Well shame on me but i have realized only today (flight, shuttle, hotel booked and paid) that it Will be half marathon weekend...(21 - 24).
Now i wonder Will it be terribly Busy?
And as we Will stay at the magic circus Will it affect the shuttle to the park?
I feel very very silly....:sad:

It is my understanding that the semi-marathon from last year has received bad publicity, because it was badly organized, especially the breakfast, that was not at all made with half-runners in mind.

Maybe some guests will want to stay away from DLP-owned hotels and book a third-part hotel?

On the other hand, I would not worry too much about it, I am sure shuttles will run “as usual”, and I don't believe parks will reach capacity because of the semi-marathon.

Thanks for your reply,

we've made up our mind and we will take it as it comes... making the most of Thursday and Friday :D

Thanks for your reply,

we've made up our mind and we will take it as it comes... making the most of Thursday and Friday :D

Let us know how things worked out for your party!
I am sure you will enjoy a magical stay!

The 5k race is on Friday in the Studios, after it is closed and is sold out. 10K and family race Saturday and Half marathon Sunday. Checking in and collection of race bib is Thursday.

I think it will be busy but just go with that in mind :)

The 5k race is on Friday in the Studios, after it is closed and is sold out. 10K and family race Saturday and Half marathon Sunday. Checking in and collection of race bib is Thursday.

I think it will be busy but just go with that in mind :)

Oh yes, i have already made up my mind about it :D

Thnaks for your help :-)

I've no perspective on the business/race etc, as I've not been and we're due to arrive on the 25th, however I'd like to point out that there will also be a sort of mini food & wine festival on around Chef Remy's while you are there. It finishes on the 24th, but if it is something you're interested in, it might be worth paying that a visit?

We really look forward to it, mum and me are very keen on escargots (snails) and things like that mmmmm i can see me eating there many times :snail::snail::dogdance::dogdance:

Definitely like the sound of the mini f&w festival but Giulia, you know you'll have a great time whatever! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!