Call From Disney

DISNEYNUT1230

Earning My Ears
JUST THOUGHT ANYONE WHO HAD EVER EMAILED WDW AND NEVER GOT A REPLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT I GOT A PERSONAL CALL TODAY FROM A DISNEY GUEST RELATIONS EMPLOYEE WHO WAS RESPONDING TO AN EMAIL I SENT A FEW DAYS AGO REGARDING CHANGES AT EPCOT CENTER. I WAS COMPLETELY SHOCKED BY THE CALL BECAUSE IN THE PAST WHEN I HAVE EMAILED WDW THEY HAVE ALWAYS RESPONDED BUT ONLY BY EMAIL!! THE GUEST RELATIONS PERSON TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE VERY HAPPY I HAD EXPRESSED MY CONCERNS AND SAID THEY ARE ALWAYS VERY RECEPTIVE TO ANY COMMENTS OR CONCERNS EXPRESSED BY DISNEY GUESTS AND DO WANT TO KNOW WHAT CHANGES THEY MAKE ARE NOT PLEASING THEIR GUESTS. I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY WERE A CLASS ACT AND THIS CERTAINLY DOES PROVE THAT THEY BELIEVE IN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

I also received a phone call when I emailed them about the closing of River Country and no scheduled FITS and Spectro.

A couple of years ago I wrote an e-mail with concerns about Fastpass.

They called me at least 4 times (I wasn't home when they called the first three) When we finally did connect a nice young lady spent over 25 minutes discussing my concerns.

It didn't change anything but I sure made me feel good about the place.

I received a similar call last Friday regarding lack of timely release of hours. Didn't go very well. Their reason why the hours are so late right now is they can't plan until they have a good feel for how many people are booked. At least it's an honest answer.

My comment to her: by not allowing me to properly plan my vacation, you're penalizing me -- someone who's already scheduled my vacation -- for those that haven't. She really didn't have a comeback for this. But at least they called.

Personally, I'd prefer they put up low hours, then increase them if crowds allow. It makes it very difficult to plan things like dinner shows and evening PS's with the information they've provided. Personally, I'd like to see a sixty day window.

None-the-less, they call and were at least honest.

Pat

Personally, I'd prefer they put up low hours, then increase them if crowds allow. It makes it very difficult to plan things like dinner shows and evening PS's with the information they've provided. Personally, I'd like to see a sixty day window.

I can see your point, however, then you would have all of the guests (potential guests) that would bombard them with calls and emails about the cut hours, the fact that they made their plans, and then Disney changed the hours, so they have to change their plans, etc. We go several times a year, and have had no problems planning with the current times. We just use the historical times from the year before and go from there. If things change, we go with the flow. Yes, once attendance stabilizes it would be nice to have a 60 day window, but I can perfectly understand why they are doing things the way they are.

I can also see your point. However, I can't agree. Wanting a six month window or something that would be unreasonable. But sixty days? I'm very happy for folks like yourself that can work well with a 30 day window. I can work with it, too. But I'll never like it, and I'll never think it's fair. It means that I, who spend several thousand a year at Disney, am being inconvenienced because they don't have enough customers. We come 1,200 miles to go to Disney, and we plan our trips out well. We work hard for our leisure time. I like it planned, not to a fine tooth comb, but within reason so I can maximize both my park time and my leisure time. To do that, I need park hours. I've planned a full vacation using historical hours, but it's five week until I leave and I don't know what time MK closes the day I get there. It's not right, in my opinion.

I'm trying to think how many Disney trips I could afford if I wouldn't schedule my clients in advance and told them my rational was I didn't have enough business to schedule in advance. Perhaps stabilized hours are the type of thing that can help Disney increase business. I'm not claiming that's an end all, or even a major part of attendance problems (I think world situations and economics are hitting everyone in business, from little ol me to big ol Disney), but none-the-less, they charge top dollar and base their reputation on customer service. Getting a phone call to tell me I can't have the window of hours I'm used to have because my next door neighbor isn't going to Disney enough hardly constitutes "customer service" to me.

As for them being bombarded with emails for raising the hours: I told the lady that called that while I didn't buy her rational and didn't feel satisfied with the explanation, I none-the-less appreciated the personal treatment. Her statement to me (sic): "We've had a larger volume of emails and calls than ever this spring and it regards lack of posted hours. We know it's a problem and we're trying to let people know what's going on."

So I just can't imagine that they'd received more phone calls and emails about posting hours then raising them than they've received recently. The volume on this and other boards about recent lack of posted hours has been deafening. In troubled economic times, I personally take my vacation dollars more seriously. I'm not a complainer; I'm easily pleased. And I'd probably continue to go to Disney if they only gave a seven day window on hours. But it's still making it harder for me to plan vacation and it's still poor treatment of customers. In my opinion.

Pat

Okay, that being the answer to the hours being increased, does that mean that the crowds will be larger than anticipated for May?

That's a difficult question to answer. I think only Disney can say why they put out low hours and then increased them. My assumption is they waited as long as they could to put out the May hours, put out what they felt comfortable releasing, then increased them in part to increased reservations, and in part in response to complaints. Hard to tell.

Well, I'll give you a first hand account when we get back.

I had e-mailed Disney World shortly after I returned in December. I told them how much I enoyed the new ToT, and MVMCP. A cast member called back about two weeks later. However, they did not call me at my phone number. They called and left a voice mail on my brother's line. I just found it interesting with all of the information Disney has on me, that they couldn't call the right phone number. I believe I even included a number in my e-mail. It was just funny.

After this trip, I also sent a really long letter to the resort manager of the POFQ, telling him how much I love the resort, and how great the staff is there. It was a real praising letter. I never got a response to that one.

Karen

I sent an e-mail about MGM and Disney responded with an e-mail asking for my phone number. Whenever I try to reply, though, the message gets bounced back to me as undeliverable. Anybody else had this happen?

I would probably open a new email message-enter the address and copy the contents from the previous one and their response and resend a fresh one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter