• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Screamin'

mm4mm

DCL is our "happy place"
Does anyone know if this ride is closed for refurbishment? The Disneyland website shows it closed now and even in December??? We are going to DL in Dec.

Thanks

Melisa
::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Sorry, Screamin' is down indefinitely. There was an accident in late July that sent several people to the hospital. The malfunction is still under investigation and until the cause is determined and corrective action is implemented, there will be no California Screamin'. Don't let it bum you out though; you'll hardly miss it. Check out the new Space Mountain, the Haunted Mansion holiday, the great fireworks show...

mm4mm said:
Does anyone know if this ride is closed for refurbishment? The Disneyland website shows it closed now and even in December??? We are going to DL in Dec.
I mean this in a nice way, but you can often get answers to questions like this by using the forum search tools. Someone asked the same thing earlier this week where the question was discussed thoroughly. Check out the following thread for more info:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=908884&highlight=screamin

We were at DCA today and saw some people working on the CS track. Don't know exactly what they were doing of course - whether it was actual repair work or if they were just doing more "investigation". I agree with CalGal though. While I was disappointed it was down during our first trip to DCA we really haven't miss it. There is a lot of other stuff to do and see.

Our family is going to Disneyland at the end of October. I have been looking forward to a number of the attractions, of which California Screamin' was one.

I was and am quite disappointed to find that it was possibly going to be down due to inspection indefinitely, or that they would close it down for an early refurb due to a refurb being on schedule for early 2006 anyways.

However, since I have been afflicted with Disneyland fever, I have borrowed a few books from the local library, like "How to get your Disneyland rollercoaster up and running", "Roller Coaster Refurb in 24 hours", and "Disneyland on $5.00 a day". Try Amazon if your local library doesn't have their copies in.

My family and I are going to DL in Oct.4-8 and I have been obsessed about planning our trip. I also went to the library and got all there tour books on DL. I did not see Disney on $5.00 a day. How is that possible? :earseek:

Sorry, that was my dry sense of humor at work.

I was being silly with all the "book" titles I gave. Space Mountain was down for I don't know how long, and I was really looking forward to California Screamin'. My leap in logic was that the only way I (and my family) would be able to ride the darn thing was if I was somehow able to fix it myself while I was there. Since I don't know much about rollercoasters, I was being imaginative.

Disney on $5.00 a day seemed even more incredulous, my apologies for misleading you. Even utilizing our Airmiles program for flights, hotel, and Parkhopper tickets, DL is going to cost us lots.

clyde said:
Our family is going to Disneyland at the end of October. I have been looking forward to a number of the attractions, of which California Screamin' was one.

I was and am quite disappointed to find that it was possibly going to be down due to inspection indefinitely, or that they would close it down for an early refurb due to a refurb being on schedule for early 2006 anyways.

However, since I have been afflicted with Disneyland fever, I have borrowed a few books from the local library, like "How to get your Disneyland rollercoaster up and running", "Roller Coaster Reburb in 24 hours", and "Disneyland on $5.00 a day". Try Amazon if your local library doesn't have their copies in.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
You're too funny! Thanks for making me smile. :)

:rotfl2: You're too funny!!

I've been working on racking up my Disney Reward Dollars (Charter Cardmember) and hope to be able to use them to go for nothing!! Or do you count tickets and hotel? I don't think I could ever charge/earn enough to do that!!

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter