California Grill Questions

KUFamily

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I made a 9:45pm reservation for a night when there is a NSSHP. I am hoping to catch the fireworks while we are there. Did I schedule our reservation for the right time? If not what time should I change it to?

Also, is there a dress code? We haven't eaten here before so I thought I'd check.

Thanks in advance!

What time are the fireworks? We usually make a reservation for 1 hour prior to fireworks. They will time your dinner so you can go out and watch the show from the observation deck.

Dress: we dress causally, but no shorts/t-shirts.

Hello!

I made a 9:45pm reservation for a night when there is a NSSHP. I am hoping to catch the fireworks while we are there. Did I schedule our reservation for the right time? If not what time should I change it to?

Also, is there a dress code? We haven't eaten here before so I thought I'd check.

Thanks in advance!
I think you should be good, happy hallowishes starts at 10:15pm usually, not sure if the times are set in stone but just keep checking. I would agree with PP, maybe make your ADR a tad bit earlier just in case you're late to being seated but even if you are, you can always go outside and watch the show from the balcony.

Thanks! I'll see if I can move it a little earlier! Now I just have to convince my hubby he can't wear shorts! He's not going to be very happy with me! :eek:

This is the dress code for CG taken from Disney's website:

Dress Code
Guests are asked to adhere to the minimum dress code requirements at this Signature Dining experience. Dressier attire is also welcome. Please explore the minimum dress code requirements:

Men must wear khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.

Women must wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.

Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

All the signatures have dress codes. Never seen them enforced. You will see a table with a couple all dressed up and next to them people wearing daisy dukes, t-shirts with sweat stains.

Thanks! I'll see if I can move it a little earlier! Now I just have to convince my hubby he can't wear shorts! He's not going to be very happy with me! :eek:
Shorts are fine. Ive seen many men in khaki shorts for example. Thats not a problem. In fact, ive noticed most of the people are dressed casually at Cali Grill.

And just so you know, if your ADR is at 945pm and lets say the fireworks start at 10pm....you can simply explain to the hostess that you would like to see the fireworks. You should have no issues seeing the fireworks before you're seated for dinner. I've done this on my last trip.

My guys wear dress shorts and polos and I wear nicer capris and a shirt. This is the only place I have ever seen a dress code reminder at the check in desk. We consistently see people dressed nicer here than other signature places. We like a slower paced meal here and they are great at doing that and working your meal around the fireworks. Do be aware that happily ever after show is less impressive than the old wishes show because of the projection in this show. Still cool, but not like Wishes.

1. I agree that you should try and move your time back a bit to allow for some wiggle room.
2. Last trip we did a signature meal just about every night. I always wore nice Khaki shorts and a polo shirt and I never had issues. There were, of course, people dressed fancier then me, but also people who were not dressed quite as nice.

My DH wore shorts and a Hawaiian shirt to California Grill and I don't feel like he was under dressed at all.

agree with others, that if you can get an earlier time, I would. If not, you might not be seated before the fireworks. If that happens, you can ask at the desk if they will let you go up to watch them.
The dress code is no torn clothing, swim suits, coverup. Men can wear jeans, slacks, khakis, or dress shorts with a collared shirt . Ladies are asked to wear skirts, dresses, capirs, jeans, or dress shorts and a nice top. I have seen from dress shorts and polos up to suits and everything inbetween.

Thank you, everyone, for your advice! I think I'll try to move my time. My hubby will be so glad to hear that he can wear dress shorts!! One less thing for him to complain about. He's not nearly into Disney as I am, and he's been a good egg about going for my birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter