California Grill dinner...do I have any hope?

TangledHairDon'tCare

Mouseketeer
On my ADR morning, I was only able to get Cali Grill at 5:50 or 9:35 so I grabbed the 5:50. I'd really like to get a 7:30-8:00 reservation. Do I have any hope? I have reservation finders set, but in the past I've received alerts pretty regularly and this time I haven't received a single one in a week! This was the only reservation my group really wanted, so I'm feeling the pressure. lol

Anything is possible when you wish upon a star......;)
Based on your time tracker you have months to go so I really wouldn't start stressing so early in the game.
My next trip is in approx 3 weeks and I still haven't bagged a CG brunch ADR and and all my hair is still on my head.

Last edited:
I have always had my desired time come through using the reservation finders. Way too soon to worry about it! My Jan 18 preferred ADR time came through the touringplans finder on Dec 13. I moved closer in 10-15 minute blocks about 3 times before that :)

I have always had my desired time come through using the reservation finders. Way too soon to worry about it! My Jan 18 preferred ADR time came through the touringplans finder on Dec 13. I moved closer in 10-15 minute blocks about 3 times before that :)

That's what I wanted to hear! On another board, they made it sound like I had no chance and I was starting to believe them! I should probably come up with a back plan just in case. Maybe a boardwalk resort area restaurant. Its our arrival day and I wanted to kick off the trip with a nice meal and see some fireworks outside of the park.

We,too, were able to move CG from 5:30 to 6:05 to, finally, 7:10. It took weeks, but touring plans came through again. We were also able to snag Storybook Dining by setting up two requests. One for 5:00 and one for 7:00. We got very lucky with a 6:50. How many people are in your party? That may be affecting availability.

That's what I wanted to hear! On another board, they made it sound like I had no chance and I was starting to believe them! I should probably come up with a back plan just in case. Maybe a boardwalk resort area restaurant. Its our arrival day and I wanted to kick off the trip with a nice meal and see some fireworks outside of the park.
Good luck! I am going to be an optimist and start a search for July 4th!!

Not likely, but it could happen.
I would keep checking for an ADR to open as well as using reservation finder.
Good luck!

Even with the early reservation, you can go up to see fireworks later if that is what you are hoping for

Even with the early reservation, you can go up to see fireworks later if that is what you are hoping for
Yes, but 5:50 is an early dinner for us especially on arrival day. Plus, I don't really want to have to wander around with a 4yo for an hour and a half. Ideally, we'll finish dessert and then view the fireworks.

We,too, were able to move CG from 5:30 to 6:05 to, finally, 7:10. It took weeks, but touring plans came through again. We were also able to snag Storybook Dining by setting up two requests. One for 5:00 and one for 7:00. We got very lucky with a 6:50. How many people are in your party? That may be affecting availability.
We are a party of 5, but I also have a search set for 2 because we might split up if it doesn't work out. At 180, there wasn't anything for a party of 2 either!

Your "dream" reservation is someone else's back up plan. Have a back up plan. But, you may find one just days before, or even day of, as someone else shifts their plans.

Exactly this. My plans frequently change between ADR booking day and FP booking day, and then they still could change again as we go along while we're there.

Once the 60 day and 30 day FP windows near your trip open up, you'll see people starting to cancel ADRs they don't need, if something doesn't turn up sooner. There's still plenty of time.

Don't stress yourself out about one meal out of many you'll be eating 5 months from now. It will all work out.

Don't stress. It will all work out. I have a friend going in 5 weeks. She didn't listen to me and figured they could just walk up to any restuarant. Well, she finally started looking and knew she wanted Cinderella's Royal Table. For a party of 7. In 5 weeks. Told her not to get her hopes up and take 1900 Park Fare dinner. Well, a couple of days ago, CRT popped up for a party of 7. I couldn't believe it. Moral of my story...don't give up hope.

Just keep trying every day 3 or 4 times a days even. You never know when other people will cancel there plans. Then you can snag them

Last edited:
We booked a last minute trip in January, I wanted CG and there was nothing.
I kept checking and low and behold a couple popped up, first one was 5ish I grabbed it, but it was early. I just kept checking and a later time popped up.
We finished our dinner 10 minutes before the fireworks.
Don't give up hope, people cancel all the time.

I have the same problem. I need a pre-fireworks ADR for a birthday celebration and the only times were 5:10 or 9:15. I grabbed the 9:15 for now but I am hoping something opens up in the next few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter