California Grill Brunch

I had given up on the reservation when I got 2 alerts from TP reservation finder today. After 6 months of no alerts and still incessantly checking, giving up did the trick! With as many that were available, they had to have been holding them back, which is frustrating.

This gives me hope to check the week prior to December 9th. Thanks for posting - there is hope.

I had given up on the reservation when I got 2 alerts from TP reservation finder today. After 6 months of no alerts and still incessantly checking, giving up did the trick! With as many that were available, they had to have been holding them back, which is frustrating.

When you set up the alerts on TP, did you choose a specific time? I have two set up right now, for "breakfast" and "lunch", but I'm worried since it's brunch that it might not do a search properly.

When you set up the alerts on TP, did you choose a specific time? I have two set up right now, for "breakfast" and "lunch", but I'm worried since it's brunch that it might not do a search properly.
I decided to set up two alerts for the same day: one for breakfast and the other for lunch with the same concern in mind.

Don't give up. I looked for months for a CA Brunch ressie for October trip. Had 2 alerts set on TP and ***********, nothing came up.. Until the Sat before our desired date. Got alerts from both sites there were multiple times available. Ended up choosing noon. My thought was they must hold back slots for concierge guests??? Anyway, fabulous brunch, worth every penny.

I set up 2 alerts for specific times, one being around 10:30 and the other for around 12:00. I did that because I had notified if you searched breakfast or lunch for California Grill that the brunch did not come up (at least it did not previously, not sure if it’s still true). But searching for a time would find the brunch, and from my understanding, the time doesn’t have to match exactly as it searches a range. So I figured putting a time towards the beginning of the brunch and towards the end of the brunch, my ranges would cover the entire brunch.

We are thinking of doing Brunch there for our next trip. I am assuming by this thread that it is worth going to?

Today was my ADR day. Got up at 5:50, was all ready at exactly 6, searched for the brunch first and there was only ONE slot available, so I luckily snagged it. And it was on day 7 of my trip, so I thought it might have more availability. I felt so lucky, hoping we love it - it was one of DD’s only meal requests.

:sunny:

When I was booking our ADR's I hadn't heard of CG brunch. A few weeks later I started to read about it and really wanted to get it in. Obviously, there was no ADR available (we're a family of 5). I sat on this for approx. a month, day after day, several times a day, hoping, wishing someone will cancel. Long story short, to my delight, one day I repeated my daily search, and there was an opening for 10:15. OMG, I snagged it immediately. Had to do some shuffling with my other ADR's, but I'm hoping it's worth it. From the reviews I've read and seen, it looks amazing.

Today was my ADR day. Got up at 5:50, was all ready at exactly 6, searched for the brunch first and there was only ONE slot available, so I luckily snagged it. And it was on day 7 of my trip, so I thought it might have more availability. I felt so lucky, hoping we love it - it was one of DD’s only meal requests.

:sunny:
Glad to hear you got it. Though note they only do brunch on Sundays so its always pretty limited based on that alone.

Glad to hear you got it. Though note they only do brunch on Sundays so its always pretty limited based on that alone.

I am very glad you mentioned only Sunday as I did not know that and may have blown my chance to get a reservation if I had tried Saturday first (my 180 day mark is in February).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter