California Backstage Magic Questions

RedM94

DIS Veteran
Good Morning,

I have book the backstage magic tour for the summer of 2018. We will be arriving a day early and adding a day onto the end.

Are the fastpasses that you are given by your guide, I believe it is five each day, can they be used any day, or must they be used the day of? Since we will be staying the night of the farewell breakfast, I was wondering if anyone was ever given fastpasses for this day also.

We did not get fastpasses for the last day of the trip, for use after the farewell breakfast. Also, just a heads up but the fastpass system has now changed in that fastpasses are no longer paper. you put your park ticket into the fastpass dispenser and you get a fastpass reminder ticket dispensed and the fastpass is actually loaded onto your park ticket. You will scan your ticket at the fastpass entry, similar to how you scan your magic band in Florida. Not sure how this will work with the free fastpasses that ABD gives out to the tours. You'll have to wait to see if someone from a tour that is taking place in the near future can answer this as this change just took effect this past week.

We did not get fastpasses for the last day of the trip, for use after the farewell breakfast. Also, just a heads up but the fastpass system has now changed in that fastpasses are no longer paper. you put your park ticket into the fastpass dispenser and you get a fastpass reminder ticket dispensed and the fastpass is actually loaded onto your park ticket. You will scan your ticket at the fastpass entry, similar to how you scan your magic band in Florida. Not sure how this will work with the free fastpasses that ABD gives out to the tours. You'll have to wait to see if someone from a tour that is taking place in the near future can answer this as this change just took effect this past week.
@Cinderella's Slipper 2015 Thank you for your thoughts. My guess is that they will still give out anytime paper fast passes.

Can anyone tell me what view room ABD books you into at the Grand Californian?

I have no idea if it is consistent or not but our rooms had a view of the pool. They were on the third floor with doorways opening to the atrium lobby. They were in the corner over closer to the walkway from the lobby back towards the DVC units.

We've taken the tour a few times and have had a different view for each adventure. Never a DCA view, though, unfortunately. Once we were on a lower floor right near the taxi stand, and we awoke each morning to the melodious sounds of cabbies yelling at each other. No bueno.

I have no idea if it is consistent or not but our rooms had a view of the pool. They were on the third floor with doorways opening to the atrium lobby. They were in the corner over closer to the walkway from the lobby back towards the DVC units.

We had a similar view as this.

Our room overlooked the pool, and it was noisy. We kept the balcony door closed. Other than that it was a great room :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter