Cali Grill Lounge - do you have to arrive on opening for walk ups?

OldSchoolReasons

DIS Veteran
How early do I have to get to the Cali Grill Lounge to score a seat? We did Trader Sam's and got there 30 mins before opening but I presume it isn't that competitive. Wanted to go there on a whistle stop monorail tour before an ADR at Grand Floridian this evening.

How long did it take for you to be served and did you eat or just have drinks?
We were served immediately and just had drinks, the second round of drinks was much slower - maybe 20 minutes or so? Still not a massive wait. We didn't eat because we were there before an ADR but the couple next to us had sushi and not only did I look great, it came out fast!

Has something changed recently? Every time I've been to the lounge the full menu has been available.

Has something changed recently? Every time I've been to the lounge the full menu has been available.
I think something has changed. On allears they now state that the lounge menu consists of appetizers only and when I went over to the oh so dependable MDE all they listed was a cheese plate which puts me squarely in the "Huh?" category of life, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter