Cakes from Erin McKenna's Bakery

Arrowmaker

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had experience with ordering a cake from Erin McKenna's Bakery for delivery during a meal?
I'm planning out our trip and want to surprise my oldest on his birthday with a cake at the meal. Is there anywhere that I can't get it delivered? I think we may be at Animal Kingdom that day, but with hoppers we can go anywhere we want. This would probably be for our dinner.

Honestly, I've had enough of her stuff to say I'd find something gluten-free elsewhere. She is so overrated IMHO.
We’ve had a cake there before and we’re happy with it. And I want it at s meal since it will be unexpected. On top of it when looking for gf, soy free dairy free egg free and possible cane sugar free and dye free needing to make sure it’s vegan there really aren’t many choices. I was mainly wondering about experiences having it delivered to a meal.

We’ve had a cake there before and we’re happy with it. And I want it at s meal since it will be unexpected. On top of it when looking for gf, soy free dairy free egg free and possible cane sugar free and dye free needing to make sure it’s vegan there really aren’t many choices. I was mainly wondering about experiences having it delivered to a meal.

This is not to sound snarky, generally interested. How on earth do they make a cake with none of those ingredients.

We had a cake delivered to California Grill in 2017 for my birthday. I called the bakery to order the cake and told them when & where to deliver it. When I arrived at the restaurant, I confirmed the cake was there. They add the price of the cake to your restaurant bill. It was pretty easy really. I don't remember where they deliver to, but I would imagine they could to most resort restaurants.

This is not to sound snarky, generally interested. How on earth do they make a cake with none of those ingredients.
Lol I would have asked hte same thing before having kids with all theses allergies and needs! It’s not really that difficult now since the alternatives are widely available. A lot of nut flours, rice flours and other alternative flour sources work, usually things like applesauce is a good baking alternative for eggs and for cane sugar things like honey, agave, stevia and such work well. And for dyes there are natural alternatives as well. The colors just aren’t as vibrant.
This is a treat for us since when at home we are also low carb/Keto on top of all those things. Hte things we will do for our children!

We had a cake delivered to California Grill in 2017 for my birthday. I called the bakery to order the cake and told them when & where to deliver it. When I arrived at the restaurant, I confirmed the cake was there. They add the price of the cake to your restaurant bill. It was pretty easy really. I don't remember where they deliver to, but I would imagine they could to most resort restaurants.
Thanks, that’s good to know.

Erin McKenna's uses a lot of bean flour, from what I understand. I don't like her items and feel they have an aftertaste from the type of bean flour she uses.

There are a half dozen or so things you can use to replace an egg, pure maple syrup instead of sugar, oat milk instead of cow's will all make the moistest cake or quick bread you've ever had. ☺️❤️

We got a cake from them last year. Just call and place the order. They were very helpful and organised. I did find the cake very heavy though. It tasted good—we did cinnamon roll with maple icing, but afterwards the cake felt like it sat in my stomach for hours. Not a pleasant feeling. I wouldn’t order from them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter