Cake Help: Palace of Agrabah

BlueBayou

Following the magic
Okay, I need some ideas for making a cake for my 3-year-old's "Princess Jasmine" birthday party.

For my now 5-year-old's 4th b'day I modified Cindy's castle from familyfun.com and turned it into Sleeping Beauty's castle at Disneyland. It worked fine. But in my daughter's eyes it was wonderful. I got out a full color Disneyland book and attempted to match the colors.

So now my oldest has sold my youngest on the idea she must have Jasmine's palace. I have tried to talk them into the idea of a store made cake, but they are pretty firm on wanting mom to create a palace. It is sweet that they really think that I can do it effortlessly.

The tops of the palace are more rounded than using a cup-cake would allow. I am thinking about shaping "snowball" marshmallow treats. I can't stand the things, but they seem easier to shape than a regular marshmallow would be. But then again it has probably been 20 years since I touched one, so my memory may be off. Any other ideas? I thought about divinity but since I have never made that....

What should the columns be? Jelly rolls? My DH does not want me using tp or paper towel rolls, even if they are wrapped in foil before frosting. He thinks I can just do the previous cake and decorate it desert colors and we will be fine. But I think I should make some attempt to capture the middle eastern look.

I figure I can use fruit leather to make the windows and trim.

Please let me know if you have ANY ideas. I am really in a bind.

Sher

Could you use rice krispie treat to make the rounded tops. I know my kids love those with chocolate at WDW, so maybe they could be shaped and frosted. :confused3 Just a thought. :)

lewdyan1 said:
Could you use rice krispie treat to make the rounded tops. I know my kids love those with chocolate at WDW, so maybe they could be shaped and frosted. :confused3 Just a thought. :)
Oh GREAT IDEA! Thanks for the suggestion!

Sher

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter